Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
theyellownerd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
theyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
super hicas question....

so.... hahaha... funny thing... couldnt ask my lady to drive me to work anymore... its costing too much on gas for the two of us....(irvine to oceanside, twice a day...) so i picked up an s13 last night as a dd... cool lil car... super hicas... 91.... ka with150k.... runs strong... drives well... body is good... interior... eeehhhhh so so... but all in all.. it will be nice as my dd... NOW I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD... TO WORK AND SAVE FOR MY RB'D 14!! YAY!... but i have a question that i cant find.... i found out how to cancel hicas if i ever decide to drift the car... but what if i just want to put it on coils and dump it? do i have to cancel them? i talked to some friends about it and they said it should be fine.. but you all are the experts....... let me know... will post pics hopefully this weekend of the new toy... oh and ... 1600 bucks yall!
theyellownerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
awesome buy. i had the same car. 91 hicas and kept my hicas to an extent. i never disabled it but i did put on an aftermarket steering wheel which pretty much cancelled it. they have sensors in the steering wheel so the "computer" knows how much to turn and all. i had a SR, slammed with GP Sport GR-6, and i had no problems with it. it was my track car and i never had problems without locking the hicas. at all. you'll be fine. some kid has my old car. its in the bay now. even kept my plate "rps13sh" sh=super hicas.
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 91 hicas, i swaped subframes with a non hicas car, cause to truely delete it that will be the only way. oh and dont forget to get a non hicas PS pump, the high presure hose, the damn reservor and the line that goes to the pump from that, and a ps oil cooler cause the stock is run to the hicas diverter or you could just loop it with a hose. its alot of work but if you just get one of those delete bars, you will still have the ball joints that the tie rods have at the end of them that will alow some movement of the rear wheels in a toe fashion... gl! its a bitch
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
theyellownerd
Zilvia Member

theyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura abouttheyellownerd has a spectacular aura about
the thing is im not really asking how to change it out... more on do i have to change it out? is it a must if i lower the car?
Old 05-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
no you dont have to change it out. but i would just keep it then if you are not wanting to take it out. i even drifted the car with it. but i couldnt tell you the difference in a non hicas cause i have only driven hicas cars so performance would have to be someone else that has driven both kinda.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
theyellownerd
Zilvia Member

took pictures... now to get them on my computer....but am on a 24 hour work day right now.. so will put them on when i get home tomorrow or so... first time owning a s13... went from 280zxt, to a 300zx n/a, to my ka kouki now with an rb26 in it... and ive got a s13 dd now and im lovin it!... missing the 14 on the road though.. just so pretty~!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Have owned several Super Hicas cars. Fun to drive. If you want to drift then you will want to disable the hicas. P.S. Super Hicas front steering racks rule!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #8
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
just buy a kazama hicas canceler if youre worried about it, my hicas randomly decides to work and just feels weird when it rubs against the quarter panel.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
theyellownerd
Zilvia Member

well here, in my sig, is a lil pic of the 13 that i picked up as my dd... 14 is still in the garage unloved....
Old 06-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
justaKAiswear
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
justaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You might wanna see if anyone local wants to trade? Some people out there would like Hicas for a car they dont drift if they autocross or something. Might be able to get yourself into a nicer S13!
justaKAiswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #11
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
god i hate hicas so much.....

really sucks with no power steering