Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
you guys do realize that list was posted over 2 years ago.............right?
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
you guys do realize that list was posted over 2 years ago.............right?
I did not look at the date.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I did not look at the date.
I noticed....

I got slammed for posting quotes from it on ign for it being super old.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
I noticed....

I got slammed for posting quotes from it on ign for it being super old.
LOL. IGN has the lamest posting people on the internet.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
wow i havent played any racing games since the release of GT3 sad i know. i see that theres been major advancement since then. I have a ps3 but i dont have the luxury of playing it on a hi def tv like other do to appreciate the quality of the games
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
^what kind of computer monitor do you have? i play thru my acer 22 inch lcd with a hdmi-dvi chord that you can buy cheap online. I can do 720 on mine, my friend has a different model acer 22 inch and he says he can do 1080 on his.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
^what kind of computer monitor do you have? i play thru my acer 22 inch lcd with a hdmi-dvi chord that you can buy cheap online. I can do 720 on mine, my friend has a different model acer 22 inch and he says he can do 1080 on his.
ahh thanks again hypertek now i can enjoy mt ps3!..........and gt5 if it ever comes out!
**CoUpe LOve** #3
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by coww-cho!!!!! View Post
ahh thanks again hypertek now i can enjoy mt ps3!..........and gt5 if it ever comes out!
i just ordered 3 of these and they came in today so i can share my computer speakers *logitech 5.1* with my ps3 and pc without always having to go behind teh unit and switching them
For only $0.58 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Jack/two 3.5mm Stereo Plug cable - 6 inches | 3.5mm Audio M/M Cables
Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not sure if this is true but I am going to find out later. A friend just IMed me saying his uncle came back from china just got a hold of a 'leaked version' and he is now playing it. I will confirm this in a couple of days; most likely tomorrow.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1051607p1.html

New Gran Turismo 5 Demo Coming This Month
Christmas coming early for racing fans.
by Jim Reilly

December 3, 2009 - Starting December 17, fans will be able to download a new demo of Gran Turismo 5 through PlayStation Network. The Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge features the Nissan 370Z, both tuned and non-tuned, as well as a one track.

"It will be the first opportunity to get a hands-on taster as to what Yamauchi-san and his Polyphony team have been carefully crafting and polishing at their Tokyo base," Sony says.

U.S. players who download the demo between December 17, 2009 and January 25, 2010 are eligible for the time trial challenge, with the winner for the fastest lap time taking home a trip to the upcoming Indianapolis 500 this May. Take a look at the contest rules if you're interested.

Just so there's no possible confusion, Sony Europe confirmed this is indeed new content.

"This is a downloadable time trial featuring new content from GT5 not GT5 Prologue."
Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

I use my laptop which is a Dell 1521 Inpsiron, but my bro got my parents into buying a desktop which has a new 20 inch samsung monitor
**CoUpe LOve** #3
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
sleep
Zilvia Addict

yea my quotes were in response to some sony fanboys (edit:thanks exitspeed!) slamming forza in the 'Revealing disc 2' article.

So i wound up looking like an idiot

Last edited by sleep; 10-07-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
sleep
Zilvia Addict

the game is not even gold yet dude. It is still vaporware. There would not be any 'leaked' version to get a hold of, until the game goes gold
Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
glad i bought a PS3 yesterday!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
That's 2 weeks from now... I'm counting down the days!

I probably won't even bother with the contest though. While I once believed that I was really good at Turismo, online play has revealed that I am only slightly above average... :'(
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
That's 2 weeks from now... I'm counting down the days!

I probably won't even bother with the contest though. While I once believed that I was really good at Turismo, online play has revealed that I am only slightly above average... :'(
Hahahhaa, I know how yo feel. Fuck online stuff.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Hahahhaa, I know how yo feel. Fuck online stuff.
Lol... we bitched and complained cuz it took forever for Turismo to get online play... Now, we're all butt-hurt because the R35 that we just spent forever tuning just got its doors ripped off by a Clio or a Lotus online... lol

But if they could get the cars to sound more realistic like the ones in the NFS series and if we could change our aero/paint, we'd have perfection...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I wish I had a ps3. Oh wells.
shishcabobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #20
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
ionno, i thought i was good too. i'm having a hard time beating the last race for the s class. time and time again, i'm loosing control and this is with a gtr or evo.

i also switched from my wheel to controller pad. i still can't beat it.

btw this is the suzuka track 700 s class.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
ionno, i thought i was good too. i'm having a hard time beating the last race for the s class. time and time again, i'm loosing control and this is with a gtr or evo.

i also switched from my wheel to controller pad. i still can't beat it.

btw this is the suzuka track 700 s class.
The GTR isn't nimble enough to beat those cars and the tuned Evo doesn't have enough top end, IMO.

It's actually a 750 S-class race, which is good because I could then use the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo for that race. My car was skittish as hell on such a tight technical track with those R1 tires, but it still pwnd the shit out the computer. Throttle control is of the utmost importance here... can't just hamfist this car around this track.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
+1 on throttle control. I noticed the AI sucks at exit speeds out of more intense turns. Just don't be fishtailing all over the place.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

Ok... I just retried that race with the Amuse S2000. Nevermind what I said. I don't know how I got a gold trophy there, but clearly, I must have cheated. I tried multiple setups and still got smoked. Shit is fucking hard! lol

But I clearly remember using this car to win... wtf...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #24
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i basically used every car in my garage for this race. i tried driving safe and babying that throttle. i'm just getting smoked.

the closest i got was cutting thru turns. i try to replicate eveytime but, i just get caught with a time penalty.

the 1st place car is usually nomuken's er34, which i also have. i use the c6 tuned most of the time.

i just need to get 3rd place. this shit is frustrating me. and i hate starting from back...no qualification, shit. poly gt5 better fix this!
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i havent touched my PS3 in a few months since im back in school. i did want to try to play gt5p long enough to get the F40. How do you guys set up the game for G25? i couldnt get the h-shifter or clutch pedal working. I wish they would get rid of the baby modes i.e. traction controls and assists etc.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #26
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
This thread was started two years ago. Depressing.

I haven't played prologue in a while, wonder if theres any cool updates.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i wouldnt say depressing.. good game takes time if its to be better than the prior.. perhaps Forza games come out too dam soon..
Old 12-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #28
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Just saw this demo coming out on my birthday. I'm getting a PS3 for christmas, looks like I'll be a week behind, but I'm still gunna try and compete for that crazy prize package.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Well, it's inevitable. GT5 is going to come out within the next year and the suspense is killing me like a fat kid waiting for his cake. Prologue is set to release in October this year and their will be online play. I'm really excited to use the new wheel with gearbox, in-car views, 16 cars vs. old school 6 cars per race, EVERYTHING. I have nothing else to say...until later.

Here's the latest update on it from ign.com

IGN: Gran Turismo 5: Everything We Know

It's like waiting for the next transformers movie haha!

LOL! That was 2007! And the new transformers movie is already on DVD...

...FUCKING POLYPHONY DIGITAL!!!!

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Sigh. Gran Turismo 5 reportedly shooting for Summer 2010 release — Autoblog

D'oh!