Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the 240sx game changed soo much in the past 10 years or so

man.. when i was 18 in 2002 this was my car

I used to go to all the socal240sx meets.. those where the best years.. the community was growing.
maybe because i was young and the scene was soo appealing to look up to the others who had built 240s.

in 2004

then my car when i was 22 in 2006 when i threw on all teh parts I collected over the years of working b4 i got rid of her.

All those guys I looked up to from teh old socal240sx days are gone, they mostly moved on to other cars and projects... and all that was left over was a bunch of cocky forum track whores who look down upon the daily driven street cars.... so I left becuase it got borring.

now I see highschool kids with dropped S13s on coilvers and rims, and 19 year olds with cars built up like how mine was when i 22 that took me years to come up with.. or mommy/daddy sponsership

musta been the increase of popularity and increase in affordible aftermarket parts that changed the game. hahahah

that was my first car... I like to see the community move to a positive light. Would I do it again?? nahh ive had enough i wanna do a Z32 or something.. im not quiet happy with my 190e.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool to see the progression your car has gone through.
And not to be rude but, what's the point of this thread?

I look down on street cars that are used only for meets/hardparking haha.
But that's just my style, I like modifying cars for purpose and still driving them on the street once in awhile.

And yeah I'm 18 but everything on my car is 100% from my paychecks.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
im jus sayin the progression of the scene.. shit when i was 18 stuff wasnt as easily accessible or as cheap.. lol
Old 06-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I miss the socal240sx meets.
Is that Mile Square Park I see?

I think it was my very first meet, I had just gotten my Whiteline T/C rod bushings (already pressed into T/C rods) from PDM Racing, and I couldn't wait to install them, so I took them to the meet and installed them there.

I have a pic of it somewhere around here...
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I remember when you couldnt even get coilovers, turbos nothing. You could get springs and shocks and strut bars. Everything else had to be imported. I paid $90 for a front strut bar back in 99. God Im getting old. Props for still having your first s13.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
he doesn't have it anymore. he figured out he built a car that never gets driven how it should and moved on to a 190e.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I can go back even futher. Back in 1996 when I was 18, all you had were Eibach Sportlines springs that cost $400 and a universal Tenzo exhaust you had to modify. Back when Windshild banners were the shit and Akimoto intakes ruled! What the hell is a sr20det?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
Orly? Yarly.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Orly? Yarly. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Orly? Yarly.
Thats a freakin' cool S12 in that first picture. I'm envious.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
brokenben
Zilvia Addict

brokenben is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brokenben
I can't agree more about the scene... and I'm still looking for the right car to move on to. I'm trying to fix up a 1977 celica now, and parts are super rare. As soon as its running reliably, I'll move away from the 240sx scene permanently.
brokenben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
[QUOTE=HyperTek;1414750]man.. when i was 18 in 2002 this was my car
QUOTE]

owe your taste sucks haha

people used to bash me, but it was a drag car for the most part i didnt give a shit, it hit 11s and i spent about 7k total on the project

well heres a pic of my old s13 from 03

i smoked the supra btw
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I do miss the way the scene used to be. the meets were dope , we all knew each other . Socal240sx was a community and we did stuff together. IN fact I have some very good friends because of it. It is different, and noobs wonder why I rash them for stupid posts and comments? They don't even post intelligent knowledgable debatable stuff worth discussing. At least back in the day when a noob posted they usually already knew about cars and had some knowledge. I am not saying all noobs are completely ignorant these days but quite a few are and its pretty damn sad.
I had a noob call me cranky just because I commented on the fact that the question he was asking was patently obvious and a comparison that was Apples to Oranges. Wow not only ignorant but insolent as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i hate hearing about "the scene". other people who drive the same car as you suck, so you sell yours? it's a car. you can hang out with people who own different cars, and have the same attitude as you. ridiculous.

...all bullshit aside, that's a nice looking car in pic #3
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i hate hearing about "the scene". other people who drive the same car as you suck, so you sell yours? it's a car. you can hang out with people who own different cars, and have the same attitude as you. ridiculous.

...all bullshit aside, that's a nice looking car in pic #3
ok your post is random and probably directed at a number of us. You fail miserably though by missing the point. I hang with plenty of people that aren't even into cars. Fact is the current crop of fanboys have made something that was good into something that is rather sucky. I still love my car. Unlike your attitude, I happen to drive my car because I like it. I can dislike what has happened to the scene because I know how it used to be. Do you? I don't think so which is way you hate hearing about. Well if you don't care about your car sell it. I am keeping mine. It does not mean I will go or not go to meets. Though I do have a choice to voice my opinions , which I will do. Unless you have been around or really contributed to it you really have no real right to criticize the ones that have contributed and been around a long time. In other words when you have participated you can speak otherwise your voice is lost in the wind.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
I remember back in the day before i had my car, I had older friends who had 240's. So I guess I am a bandwagon jumper... Now they moved on to nice Lexus' and Infiniti's. Also got tired of the s13 ghettoness I guess? I love my car even though it is a POS. 100% fed by my meger paychecks and 100% fix it myself. Junkyard scavenger like my buddies raised me.

I never really paid too much attention to the scene. I guess im lucky i dont live in LA. Mommy/Daddy sponsorship cars would tick me off too if i saw them everyday driven by kids under my age.
spinitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
ok your post is random and probably directed at a number of us. You fail miserably though by missing the point. I hang with plenty of people that aren't even into cars. Fact is the current crop of fanboys have made something that was good into something that is rather sucky. I still love my car. Unlike your attitude, I happen to drive my car because I like it. I can dislike what has happened to the scene because I know how it used to be. Do you? I don't think so which is way you hate hearing about. Well if you don't care about your car sell it. I am keeping mine. It does not mean I will go or not go to meets. Though I do have a choice to voice my opinions , which I will do. Unless you have been around or really contributed to it you really have no real right to criticize the ones that have contributed and been around a long time. In other words when you have participated you can speak otherwise your voice is lost in the wind.

Quoted for truth.

I remember when I was 15-16 in early 2001, I didn't even have a license yet, and a girl who was 2 years older then me came to school in her new car. It was a 91 240 coupe. I was already interested in them, and I got her permission to drive it around the parking lot, look under the hood and such. I told her that one day I would own that car, and she just laughed.

In early 2002 I bought a 90 coupe, and drove it for a short time, and then sold it when I left for the military. In 2004 I was home visiting family on some time off, and saw her in a parking lot. She still owned the 91 coupe. I walked right up to her, she recognized me, and I asked if it was for sale. She said yes, and I bought it right there and drove it to my parents place that night. I didn't start building my first 240 until then, but I was involved, as much as I could be, with the scene before then and made some good friends, helped and watched some awesome cars get built. Most have gone on to other projects, or left the car scene all together. I'm still building my 240 slowly as I can afford it. To me it's more then a car, it's a reminder of, in some ways, better times and the car will always have a little bit of a sentimental meaning to me. I may sound emo right now, but I'm just echoing drift freaq's sentiments, to a lot of people it's not just about the cars.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i'm not even going to respond to either of those short stories.

end statement: this thread is what's wrong with "the scene". pussies whining about how things used to be, and bitching because the car they drive has become popular. the 240sx might as well be an emo band.

if you can't enjoy a car regardless of WHO ELSE enjoys the same car, you aren't doing it because you love the car. you're doing it because you're a fucking poser, and you're whining because your posermobile doesn't stand out as much anymore.

i've had my 240 since 2001. drifting was getting big then, but it has since blown up. i welcome the mtv television shows, the magazines, the forums, the games, the translated anime. the net result is more totaled 240's in the junkyard for me to pick off of.

grow up.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #17
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
^^^Never once did I say that I didn't enjoy my car or that I hate the fact that it is now a popular car. I would RATHER it wasn't, but that's just because I like doing things different, but I have no problem enjoying my car, and the fact that it's sought after and that drifting has become so popular. Things are just different now... I never said they changed for the worst.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #18
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
hahha picture from the old ass socal meet at mile square.

thats funny.

i was there.

steve was there

kevin

dave

thats all i knnow from this thread

hey Steve, rember when I first met you and you took me for a ride in your car down the street in Long Beach.... Woodruff by the 405. yea.

i thought... holy shit this thing is so fast... and smells like gas
Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
man i wish i was around back then...but i dont really care too much that it's even a scene now....i love to work on my car, and there are so many parts these days, there are still very noticeable differences between the cars. but there are still cool ass people at meets these days. the one i go to, i love all those people because they are all cool and funny. and this thread is about how it has changed not what's wrong! but even in the 2 years i have had my car, it has changed considerably.
C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #20
n2motorsports
Zilvia Member

n2motorsports is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to n2motorsports
memory lane...up in the NW, for me it all started with....NEKO PUNCH!!!

where is that guy nowadays?
n2motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #21
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I still remember the reason i bought my S14. "ITS NOTS NOT A HONDA." I wanted a car that I liked that didnt attract attention. Dont ever remember seeing S14 kouki's back then. I was looking for an MR2 originally. I find it ironic how things turned out...

I just gotta figure out I wanna do when and if i come back stateside in 4 yrs. I can build another S14 off the car I got now, all I need to do is find a chassis. More than likely tho, I will move onto something better. Will see how much G35s go for by then, maybe a 350z.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #22
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
s14 VA old school...

I'm not located in Socal but i can def relate to how it used to be. 1st off i got sold into Nissan thanks to a 79' Datsun 280ZX 2+2, my baby. Sold it and forked over a pretty penny for my 1st S14 in 99', after working my ass off for it. I got some sportlines for $350 and an INJEN intake for it $300, and a universal weopon R muff for it<-- I worked at a Tint shop and those were the standard aftermarket parts for any import..haha now just ricer crap. And i had the only "modded" S14 in the Richmond area for a while. Ahh the youger years of most. Now the scene is flooded with mommy and daddy's money...damned highschoolers with 300hp SR's, and no respect for the guys who through some trial and error have done more work with 240's and many other cars since those kids were 12 than they will ever do on their 240's. But back in 99' were the good days of rollin' down Broad St with a group of random cars and not having to deal with all the stuck up hype of the kids you see now a days. I'll post up some pics of my 1st 240 when i get home, vs my current 240. It is funny to see the difference 8yrs can do for the openness of the market for parts and teh difference in teh build types...8yrs ago in this area was just a 1/4 mile build and talk at meets, now it's all about drifting and autocross.

I'm not totally sure what the purpose of this thread was, and I do appologise for gettign off topic, haha, but i do feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks Zilvia
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #23
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
ill make it short and simple. i may not be that old but back when i first started 240s were fun and meets were always something i looked forward to back in 03. now little kids ruined it for us and make a bad name for 240s. no respect in the community either.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #24
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS

For sure, SoCal meets were great. First 1 or 2 meets were about cars and stuff, but after that, they became more about meeting up with friends, and making new ones, the car stuff was second.

Unlike how it is today, I could always count on seeing friends, and seeing something cool. Nowadays theres usually just punks at some random starfucks place, trolling around with no one you know in sight.

Then again, I guess it's like that with ALL these car *communities* now...

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #25
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
my 85 200sx was a scene all its own. It talked to me to. Do one of those up and it just might bring you back to the "hayday" of the 240 scene and you can relive it all over again. Maybe back then it seemed a lil more chiller in the community because there wasnt such a huge gap of knowledge btwn enthusiast as well as pre existing social stigmas Everyone was on the same page "Discovering and Leading the way". With every type of hobby job interest etc theres always going to be the cycle of young and old where the old feel like the young are destroying and killing what they created. I used to skate rich kids rocked the scene all the new gear all the top product but only the true enthusiast rocked the parks the schools etc and yes they did bring the cops to our scene. Move on get out of the scene and youll realize its not really a scene at all. I have a 240 its nice no one sees it i stare at it when im at home. I started the irvine meet, all the newer people think im just the guy with the accord. I go to shoot the shit with the friends i made there, And seriously we do get a lot of new people that roll thru and Yeah they got a lot of ideas and bullshit and glorified ideals, But when you actually talk to them and show them the enthusiast side and set straight some facts they usually become normalized 240 owners.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #26
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i'm not even going to respond to either of those short stories.

end statement: this thread is what's wrong with "the scene". pussies whining about how things used to be, and bitching because the car they drive has become popular. the 240sx might as well be an emo band.

if you can't enjoy a car regardless of WHO ELSE enjoys the same car, you aren't doing it because you love the car. you're doing it because you're a fucking poser, and you're whining because your posermobile doesn't stand out as much anymore.

i've had my 240 since 2001. drifting was getting big then, but it has since blown up. i welcome the mtv television shows, the magazines, the forums, the games, the translated anime. the net result is more totaled 240's in the junkyard for me to pick off of.

grow up.
unless you're completely antisocial, the community that forms around a car matters. otherwise, we wouldn't have forums.

240sx owners have degraded. there are alot of thieves and scammers now. there are alot of unhelpful elitests as well. there's just alot of disrespect in general.

that doesn't mean you don't enjoy the car. but it can mean you don't like the new attention your car attracts, or the type of people you are now exposed to.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #27
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
ive had my s13 for a few years now and the times have definitely changed a bit, now my little brother and everyone of his friends has an s13/s14. They all mean well but for some reason seem to need everything handed to them, they cannot search for answers themselves or just try to do it themselves. Anytime theres a 5lug swap or one of the other 'entry 240 mods' my helps is always needed. Why can't the 'new' school just figure shit out, and then if you're stuck, turn to the ones who have done it all before. Either way, they're all still good kids, and I have no problem helping them, but its funny to see how times change.

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #28
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Yawn, nothing new under the sun. We've had this type of threads - older crowd pining for the good old days and the lack of respect from young punks that want to be spoon fed - since the early 2000s.

I know I get immense satisfaction out of owning a 20 year old creaky shitty car that 30% of the time has something wrong with it. That's enough for me.

Seems to me that this thread was started just to whore out a car that the HyperTek doesn't even own anymore. If I'm wrong then I sincerely apologize.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #29
alexkosheck
BANNED

alexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
unless you're completely antisocial, the community that forms around a car matters. otherwise, we wouldn't have forums.

240sx owners have degraded. there are alot of thieves and scammers now. there are alot of unhelpful elitests as well. there's just alot of disrespect in general.

that doesn't mean you don't enjoy the car. but it can mean you don't like the new attention your car attracts, or the type of people you are now exposed to.
I'm new to the game, and I feel that way.
Of course I'm a n00b, what do I know?
alexkosheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #30
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
ugh.

I don't know what you're talking about, the "scene" I see is theres a shit load of track days, like once a fucking month. There's cool as fuck people doing cool as fucking things to their 240s, and then taking them to the track. I think you joined the wrong "scene" buddy.

Track scene is where it's at.

Thats all the fuck I care about.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote