Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #181
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
^ Thanks its a lot of work and still way more to do.

Im officially ready for GT5 if it ever actually comes out. So is my cat

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #182
brainfood
Post Whore!

brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute

Got a little crazy today.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #183
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
shit looks awesome!
question tho. How do you go about doing this the legal way for FD rules?
i was pretty sure i read you cant tie in a cage from the strut towers to the rear of the car. But i see all the pro's with basically what u doing.........and if i was positive on how to go about it ,.. i'd do it!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #184
brainfood
Post Whore!

The cage down tubes have to go to the chassis somewhere so they have to go to the strut towers in the rear or somewhere on the chassis. A lot of people used to run the cage down tubes to the strut tower bar (me included) but as of this year that is no longer legal. You can tube everything behind the rear most suspension mounts. Everything in between the front and rear subframe/suspension mounts has to stay stock. In front and behind that is okay.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #185
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
fuck yeah!
thanks for the clarification!
i might cut my shit all up tonight then!......lol
with that x-brace,..whats ur plan for fuel tank/cell?
Old 08-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #186
brainfood
Post Whore!

It will sit right inside the x. It is pretty low but not super low and should help keep the CG low.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #187
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This thread is a giant boner making machine.

Bring the hatch back. <3
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #188
brainfood
Post Whore!

Lol thanks, I would like to own another hatch someday but the R32 is getting all my money right now and then the 510 needs love after that.

Not so bad with body panels back on. Waiting on material so I can do the tail light mounts and bumper mount.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #189
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
can u make love with my hatch too lol
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #190
brainfood
Post Whore!

$$$ I can't imagine labor cost if I charged someone to do this.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #191
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

curious on weight when all is said and done!

shits legit man!
keep it up!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #192
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
couldn't find it in the thread, but are the fenders B-magic?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #193
brainfood
Post Whore!

No, last bmagic fenders I had were so wavy it was crazy. They are BEE-r324 fenders front and rear modified to fit with a normal kit instead of the ugly bee-r kit
Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #194
brainfood
Post Whore!

Got the rear bumper mounted today. So nice to have it back in one piece.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #195
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
damn son ^^^ cant see that in action
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #196
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
Lovin' the rear tube frame stuff.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #197
brainfood
Post Whore!

Thanks guys. I cant wait to finish it I want to drive it
Old 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #198
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah,... drive vs. build time is killing me right now!
love the work hommie!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #199
brainfood
Post Whore!

Yeah I am still waiting on some parts so I figure better to do all this now and then once the car is done its done
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #200
brainfood
Post Whore!

dzus fasteners for the trunk

http://seriousbadass.wordpress.com/2...and-weld-tabs/

Last edited by brainfood; 08-20-2010 at 12:14 AM..
brainfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #201
brainfood
Post Whore!

Fd Vegas Practice Day Carnage Seriousbadass.com

I'll try to keep some updates from this weekends fd coming on the blog
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #202
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
what happened to all the koguchi power stuff.......
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #203
brainfood
Post Whore!

I still have it
Old 08-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #204
brainfood
Post Whore!

Finally finished! « Seriousbadass.com

Finished up the rear.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #205
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
LOL I totally forget that you're down the street from me. Let me know if I can bug you to weld some a/n bungs to my valve cover sometime obviously for cash.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #206
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
thetopcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just perused the blog, very fun build. I did see something that made me wonder, and you may have already thought of this: A gutted deck lid is just as flimsy as fiberglass if not worse. So will you be bracing the wing from the tubing under the deck lid?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #207
brainfood
Post Whore!

Yeah thats the reason the top bar is triangulated becasue the wing will be supported off the top bar. Its very strong i can jump on it where the wing mounts to the decklid.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #208
brainfood
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
LOL I totally forget that you're down the street from me. Let me know if I can bug you to weld some a/n bungs to my valve cover sometime obviously for cash.
Yeah I can I have -8 fittings welded on mine.

Did some work this weekend. New kegerator and assembled the short block

Short block assembled « Seriousbadass.com
Old 09-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #209
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Build looks great ready to sell me your wheels though? lol
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #210
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
^ Thanks its a lot of work and still way more to do.

Im officially ready for GT5 if it ever actually comes out. So is my cat

I request more pics of this awesome looking GT5 ready thing !
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote