Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #151
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I guess I have not seen this posted yet....

GReddy Oil Cooler Adaptor W/Thermostat 12401123

It is suppose to fit on a KA. I was looking at trying this because it has the built in thermostat.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 AM   #152
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Its still a sandwich. This one is a complete thing, no adapter.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #153
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Its still a sandwich. This one is a complete thing, no adapter.

right on the money. id rather have a one piece bolt on unit that has my ports already taken care of then worry about sandwich plates cracking etc.

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #154
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Well for some reason or another that I can't seem to get answered
I still don't have Group Buy access
West PMd me last night saying everything looked fine
but here we're still waiting
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #155
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn who I need to talk to get that privilege.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #156
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceforty View Post

right on the money. id rather have a one piece bolt on unit that has my ports already taken care of then worry about sandwich plates cracking etc.
DUH, I made the thread.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #157
daverussell
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
daverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daverussell
I would like one too.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #158
480sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
480sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Subscribed, im in, cash in hand. I was actually going to make a CAD program for one of these but you beat me to it. If you cant beat em, join em.

Anodizing would be cool, but if its going to jack up the price by much id skip it. Ka-T crowd is cheap by nature, we dont need the frills.
480sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #159
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
yes if Anodizing jacks up the price i say forget it and slang them like hot cakes

and do we have a price yet??
Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #160
LigouriRd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
LigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
yes if Anodizing jacks up the price i say forget it and slang them like hot cakes

and do we have a price yet??

Yeah, I too have the funds ready for a group buy. Let us know where and when to send it.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #161
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wanna see one of these with all the fittings, filter, and everything essentially hooked up. The pics are good but I'm having a hard time picturing how it all works. :/
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #162
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
I wanna see one of these with all the fittings, filter, and everything essentially hooked up. The pics are good but I'm having a hard time picturing how it all works. :/
Picture any oil relocation/cooler set up that doesn't use a sandwich plate

ok, I PMd everyone on this thread that's shown interest
and offered them one NOT anodized
we only have a handful at the moment
so it's first come first serve
the money we collect from these will be used to buy
more material and parts for a bigger production run
if someone is in the Carson Socal area and wants
to pick one up in person
they're welcome to stop by, PM me.

edit: I'm still trying to figure out why I can't start a thread in the Group Buy section
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #163
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
payment sent

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #164
ManoNegra

3 units are claimed, paid for
thanks 480sx, Homer_Simpson and deuceforty
post office was closed by the time we got down there
so they will got out on Monday

3 are left up for grabs

Group Buy is up and running

http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/23637...ml#post2590934
Old 01-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #165
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Just curious, could I use this for a turbo oil feed?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #166
ManoNegra

Thanks 91silvia

2 units left now
Old 01-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #167
ManoNegra

Thanks 9s13Coupe3SX
set one aside for you local pick up

1 left to go
after that just referr to the group buy thread
Old 01-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #168
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
is that going to be the going price or are they going up/down with the full group buy? does it include fittings and any seals or do we need to get that seperately?
Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #169
ManoNegra

group buy price is $135 paypal plus shipping
everything except the block gasket is included
all details are addressed in the group buy page
Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #170
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
group buy price is $135 paypal plus shipping
everything except the block gasket is included
all details are addressed in the group buy page
Would you just need a OEM gasket from Nissan?

And what about my question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Just curious, could I use this for a turbo oil feed?
On your advertiser/group buy thread you said that you would use these for an oil cooler set up, but what about KA-T? Most people use the oil filter location for Oil feed.

I have a T off from my oil pressure sensor, but I really don't like using that.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #171
ManoNegra

Quote:
or just use gasket maker

Quote:
On your advertiser/group buy thread you said that you would use these for an oil cooler set up, but what about KA-T? Most people use the oil filter location for Oil feed.

1/8 NPT is a very common connection
you'd use a 1/8 NPT to whatever fitting the hose you're using has
Old 01-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #172
ManoNegra

all of the first blocks are spoken for
thank you all
Old 01-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #173
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
all of the first blocks are spoken for
thank you all
When will you have more?

Old 01-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #174
ManoNegra

It'll take us about a month to make another run
Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #175
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:

Use RTV. It seals fine that way, no need for a paper gasket.

The three ports can be used for an oil pressure sender, oil temperature sender, and an oil feed for a turbo. Or, block the ones you don't use.

I like it guys, I may get one next month but I'd prefer it in raw aluminum, I don't want it anodized unless it's gloss black.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #176
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Use RTV. It seals fine that way, no need for a paper gasket.

The three ports can be used for an oil pressure sender, oil temperature sender, and an oil feed for a turbo. Or, block the ones you don't use.

I like it guys, I may get one next month but I'd prefer it in raw aluminum, I don't want it anodized unless it's gloss black.
true.
about the anodizing.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #177
ManoNegra

a dark gray or dark color with red fittings was
what I had originally in mind
but figured blue was cooler this being Zilvia and all
hard anodizing would be perfect but it adds
a layer of material to the units
meaning we'd have to re-tap threads
so blue it is for now
but yeah, it'd be simple to set a few aside
for those that don't want them anodized
Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #178
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Raw with the black fittings is perfect IMO. I'm not a fan of the multi colored flashy engine bay.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #179
Silverstreek
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Silverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hey, mano just curious, how far are you guys going to be going on developing new products for the ka? i was thinking of a few things today that would be good for ka owners that i feel might help us out.
i don't want to jack this thread, so if you'd prefer me to pm you with what i'm talking about i'd be more than happy to.
Silverstreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #180
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreek View Post
hey, mano just curious, how far are you guys going to be going on developing new products for the ka? i was thinking of a few things today that would be good for ka owners that i feel might help us out.
i don't want to jack this thread, so if you'd prefer me to pm you with what i'm talking about i'd be more than happy to.
lol, we've had a few things suggested to us already
after we finish with these blocks
I'm thinking I'll start a thread specifically asking for things
people may be interested in
mind you, we have a few things of our own
that we want to work on
including a project we put on hold to make the KA blocks