Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Would you/Do you?
yes 166 83.84%
No 32 16.16%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Beatin' yer kids

Would you/ Do you? Im talking a spanking, not closed fist full force hitting

I think kids are fucking stupid... since I was a kid not to long ago. I was beaten (corporal punishment), I turned out more or less fine. I don't have the desire to hit women or beat people smaller than me.

Now, this isnt about child abuse. there is a line between swatting a kid on the ass after they eat the cookies you said were for dessert and hitting them closed fisted for not doing something difficult right the first time.

What do you guys and gals think? Pros and cons? Your opinion?

America had a chance to adopt a "Children's Bill of Rights" a few years back, which prohibited any physcial punishment by a parent. We didn't. Just a little info.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
kids are too stupid to listen to reason. you need to beat it into them. seriously.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Killa_D
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
Killa_D can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
My parents did it to me and i turned out fine. Kids now days get away with too much shit they need a good ass beating.
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #4
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Yes / No.

If you raise them right you don't have to. Just depends on how lazy you are.
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #5
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_D View Post
My parents did it to me and i turned out fine. Kids now days get away with too much shit they need a good ass beating.
QFT

My siblings and i were raised the same. We did stupid shit and got our asses whooped. We all turned out just fine. We're all super cool with and hella close to our parents. It's not like we got smacked for everything, but everything we got whoopin's for we deserved.

As far as the whole "raising them right and you wont have to".....ummm i'd have to disagree. Lazy parents are the ones that don't discipline their kids and that's why you have soooo many piss ant brats these days.

Fuck this whole "be your kid's friend" mentality. You love them, yes, but you're the adult. Rules are set and if you don't listen, you gotta pay. Period. Parents are so soft these days its disgusting.

When i have kids, they'll be raised like i was. No question about it.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Parents are so soft these days its disgusting.

QFT +1. when i was a kid, i got beat with all sorts of things and i think i turned out pretty good. nowadays, i hear lil kids tellin their parents (in public places btw) go fuck yourself or go to hell...if i wouldve said that to my parents i wouldnt be here right now lol
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
QFT +1. when i was a kid, i got beat with all sorts of things and i think i turned out pretty good. nowadays, i hear lil kids tellin their parents (in public places btw) go fuck yourself or go to hell...if i wouldve said that to my parents i wouldnt be here right now lol
QFT+ 2. I am a firm believer in positive and negative reinforcement. Growing up if I came home with good grades I would be rewarded with either money or bought me something cool. But if I got in trouble it would be the exact opposite. Hah

To me beating kids is a way for a kid to know what not to do so they wont get spanked. and Rewarding them will be a way to know the right path. Simple positive and negative reinforcement
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
I was raised getting beat up lol...not like abuse status but i would get a woppen when it was necessary. So i am a strong beliver in spanking my kids. I have 3 of my own and when either one of my kids acts up ex: dont do their homework, dont clean up after themselves, talk back, complain or cry about stupid shit, etc.... I let my wife try and take care of the situation first since she does not believe in spanking or getting all crazy.... then if they dont want to listen or acted up then i step in and take care of business. I was brought up like this and i always new if i didnt do what im suppose to or act stupid that my pops would spank me, so id listen. So i vote yes on spanking the little bastards...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
nani
Zilvia Member

nani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-knownnani is making his/her stupidity well-known
it has a lot to do with the kids personality... some fuckers are rebels the moment they get out of the womb... But im pro beating all the way, no abuse though just discipline and none of that time out BS either, real discipline
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
MTV's World's Strictest Parents.
Yes beat your kids
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not only is it good for developing your child, you get some cheap entertainment out of it too.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
I was never beaten or spanked. I turned out absolutely fine. My parents taught me enough about respect for them to not have to use physical violence on me.

Make sure your kids know whos boss from day one, and you won't have to hit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
If you raise them right you don't have to. Just depends on how lazy you are.
QFT
Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
funny thing is I have to let my kid know that I'm going to spank him...cause if I catch him on a surprise...it doesn't faze him. for 6 months we did the whole...no spanking thing....and it just got to the point where telling him 5 times not to pull on his infants brothers arm got too much ( and we did put him in time out many times...doesn't faze him). he gets immediate no warning spankings for hitting though.

I think there are a lot of parents that should whip a kids ass...especially the one in the grocery store that flips you off and the mother just says...thats not nice! I had a 7 year old do that to me one time. I was shocked!....my father was the inforcer.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
my dad is an ex-marine and I was a bad little kid so I got my ass whipped pretty bad here and there but I turned out fine.. I actually laugh about it now haha
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_D View Post
now days get away with too much shit they need a good ass beating.
QFTMFT

kids nowadays are brats...i was at Toys R Us picking up my CODMW2 copy and i was next...some little brat cuts ahead of me (5 yrs old i would guess) and im like "ohh okay go ahead" and he responds with "thats what i thought asshole" im loke WTF...i turn to the mom she's just smiling, i tell here "dopnt just look stupid and smile, dicipline your child be4 he grows up being a waste of the community, she responded with " ohh he's only a child he doesnt know what it means". i respond with "and he shouldnt know how to say things like that so well...

and yes i did push that little turd back behind me...ITS WAS MY TURN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post

My siblings and i were raised the same. We did stupid shit and got our asses whooped. We all turned out just fine. We're all super cool with and hella close to our parents. It's not like we got smacked for everything, but everything we got whoopin's for we deserved.

As far as the whole "raising them right and you wont have to".....ummm i'd have to disagree. Lazy parents are the ones that don't discipline their kids and that's why you have soooo many piss ant brats these days.

Fuck this whole "be your kid's friend" mentality. You love them, yes, but you're the adult. Rules are set and if you don't listen, you gotta pay. Period. Parents are so soft these days its disgusting.

amen on that sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
same here, sandals, tree switch, belts, anything handy at the scene i was acting stupid,

you know that line George lopez uses about being dragged into the dressing room the mall....yeah...true story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
QFT+ 2. I am a firm believer in positive and negative reinforcement. Growing up if I came home with good grades I would be rewarded with either money or bought me something cool. But if I got in trouble it would be the exact opposite. Hah

To me beating kids is a way for a kid to know what not to do so they wont get spanked. and Rewarding them will be a way to know the right path. Simple positive and negative reinforcement
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
I was raised getting beat up lol...not like abuse status but i would get a woppen when it was necessary. So i am a strong beliver in spanking my kids. I have 3 of my own and when either one of my kids acts up ex: dont do their homework, dont clean up after themselves, talk back, complain or cry about stupid shit, etc.... I let my wife try and take care of the situation first since she does not believe in spanking or getting all crazy.... then if they dont want to listen or acted up then i step in and take care of business. I was brought up like this and i always new if i didnt do what im suppose to or act stupid that my pops would spank me, so id listen. So i vote yes on spanking the little bastards...
and i like this method, ended with peacefull words, if that doesnt work, drop the fucking hammer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
MTV's World's Strictest Parents.
Yes beat your kids
ohh, MTV came up with another useless show having nothing to do with music...sweet

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
there are two types of children abuse which are verbal and physical. In my family we got both. so when my sister raised her kids she did'nt use either and her children ended up so so spoiled. For instance they only eat chicken nuggets from mcdonalds if you end up getting chicken tenders from a dine in they will not eat it, or if you brought the nuggets and they didnt come in the mcdonalds box.

the kids always needed there movies on demand or they start to go crazy.or when were having a family night out at a restuarant the kids would run around the restuarant. my sister raised them this way because she didnt want to hurt or yell at her children.

my brother on the other hand used my parents technique and anytime the kids get out of line he counts...1....2......and by three the kid had already straightened out. his kids have more respect for there elders and eat whatever is given to them, because usually they get treated with dessert, and or there favorite candy bar something very rewarding in retun of eating something any normal kid would push off to the floor

As for me i think it all depends on the kid. everyones different. some kids are very calm and others are on a sugar craze the whole day

so its better to adapt to each kids needs

some parents send their children to private school to straighten them out, i was sent to one, but gladly my parents didnt give them permission to use the "paddle" or any abuse whenever i got out of line
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I've talked about this SO many times with peers.

As a kid, when we did something wrong, we got smacked.
Getting your ass whooped makes you think twice about being a smart ass again.

Today is kind of bullshit I think. I see these kids being total assholes and the parents couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.

Simple solution: Kid acts up. Smack him. Kid learns. The End.

I think there is far too much "PC" crap these days. lawsuits. Kids who "run" their parents. ADD, ADHD, etc. wtf is that?
A smack will straighten up that smart ass.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
My point is, if the kids been raised right in the first place, it wouldn't be calling people assholes or cutting it queues, thus avoiding the need to be smacked!

I agree that a lot of kids are out of control, but thats due to them being raised by bad parents. Where else does a 5 year old learn to call someone an asshole if not from his negligent mother?

I'm not against parents smacking naughty children. I'm just saying, its not necessary in a lot of cases.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
my neighbor had it the worse though she was hit anything her dad could find. her father ran a business on the house property. they made cement statues and used rebar for various reasons including reinforcing the structure of some statues. whenever she cussed or was disrespectful she was taken outside and hit with anything her father could get his hands on including rebar which in case you didnt know looked like this, but the kids werent beaten to a pulp just a slap on the hand

i was glad my dad just used this

**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #20
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
im filipino. almost all the filipinos i know got whooped by their parents.
it just teaches you to respect authority or suffer the consequences...a key lesson for life.

my mom's tool of choice was this:

my father was a firefighter and he used to spank us with his thick, diamond-patterned belt he wore with his uniform.
but i gotta say, we seemed to get it much worse from our mom. lol

all in all, i'd say it didn't have a negative impact on us.
it did not make us resent our parents. and now that we're all adults, i think
our relationship with our parents is closer than ever; even with my sister being the only one left living on guam with our folks.
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm not for beating kids up.

there has got be more creative solutions towards discipline.

-put them in a situation where THEY choose what to do
(i.e. quiet down or no TV)
-removal of rewards
-time out
-explain things to them in a way they can understand.

I also think a lot of 'acting out' is based on the fact kids don't get enough attention,
and/or have no constructive outlet of their energy.
I would try to do the following:

-go jogging/cycling with the kids every day for an hour or so (keep yourself in shape too).
-spend time doing their h/w with them.
-play video games w/ them.
-listen to music w/ them.
-read w/ them.

avoid retarded material that serves no purpose & is boring to the adult (barney the dinosaur/teletubbies/nickelodean/reality tv, american idol, etc)

the idea is to spend time with your kids doing stuff that both parent/kid will enjoy/benefit.

if I can't spend a few hrs a day with my kids,
& have the patience to discipline them w/out spanking/yelling, then I'd rather not.

not condemming spanking per say,
but it's just not my style to hit ppl and yell to solve problems.
likewise, I would like to convey the same as a role model to my kids.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
^^^^
and that's why the kids are so messed up these days (in my opinion).
Parents don't discipline the kids. The kids get away with everything and have nothing to be scared of.
*not 100% of the time, but you get the idea..... I hope.

Good parenting to begin with is also KEY.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #23
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Kids shouldn't be allowed to get away with anything.
Disclipline should be enforced,
but it need not necessarily be physical punishment.

Imo, kids are out of control b/c they're spoilt.
Spoilt kids usually (not always) stem from lazy parents.
Their solution is to always give in to the kids' demands.
That isn't what I'm advocating.

The other lazy parent (as Soapgun mentioned),
is to solve everything with spanking.
Instead of taking the time to reason with your child and give them constructive attention,
just beat them.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
Brian
Post Whore!

Q: What do you do when words are not working?
A: Spank the kid. That will work better (maybe). seems to have worked well for so many.

*of course, then you have asshole parents who go overboard and actually abuse the kids. THAT is a problem for sure, obviously.*
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

If I was naughty I usually had my TV/Computer privileges removed. When you're a kid, thats a pretty awful situation to be in. It would straighten me out very quickly.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Words alone usually don't work when the kids aren't paying attention (for whatever reason).
Get them to calm down first, then reason with them.
How to actually calm them down depends on a lot of factors.

In public, I would take them back to the car.
At home, I would take them back to a smaller room.
Once they are calm enough to listen, then reason with them.

Admittedly it is more work than a quick back-hand,
but then again I don't expect raising a kid to be some convenient endeavor.

I also think a lot of acting out might be indicative of other problems.
maybe the kid is upset at something actually valid/thinks he's being treated unfairly, etc,
but doesn't know the right way to express it.
Do you try to find out the root of the problem (not much different than troubleshooting),
or do you dismiss it with a slap to the face?

Thoughtfully disciplining the kid not serves the purpose of discipline.
It gives kids the opportunity of how to deal with problems more constructively.
I like to think of it as a learning opportunity.

Maybe the kid actually wants attention,
and will try to get it even if it means getting beat-up every day.
I used to live next to a poor kid who got beat up violently by his dad every day.
That fact it happened every day meant either the punishment wasn't working, and/or there was something wrong with the dad.

With physical punishment (If you must use it),
you also have to consider some degree of restraint.
do you smack them indiscrimanantly for every instance of misbehavior?
at what age do you stop?
at what level of intensity to you beat the kid?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #27
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
another thing that fucks kids up is cuddling them to much, you do that they own you...and thats another reason they act up because mommy or daddy wont hurt them

for example...my nephew, he wants something, we say no its not for you, he throws a tantrum and goes to the corner and cries his eyes out, do we run in, pick him up and cuddle him till he smiles...no, fuck that, we let him cry till he settles down, then we pick him up tell him to take a deep breath, wipe his tears and its over...

we teach him that when you act out, you will not be rewarded...and he's gotten better at it and doesnt act out...

my mother beign grandma though, fucks it up horribly, but she's grandma, and its her only grandbaby...so yeah...lol

ever notice that kids, when they fall, they look at you to see your reaction and if you make that "aww poor baby" look thats when they start crying ?

we noticed it with my nephew and we started doing this thing in which, if he fell and you see he was ok, we just yell cheerfully "SAFE!" like an ump at a baseball game lol he smiles, gets up and keeps playing...it enforces indpendence...obviously if they fall and do hurt themselves, we help him out and take care of his injury to reinforce that we are there for him...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
If I was naughty I usually had my TV/Computer privileges removed. When you're a kid, thats a pretty awful situation to be in. It would straighten me out very quickly.
same here.
it's not like you can drive to a bar if your tv is broken.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #29
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Do you try to find out the root of the problem (not much different than troubleshooting),
or do you dismiss it with a slap to the face?
The latter.

Quote:
With physical punishment (If you must use it),
you also have to consider some degree of restraint.
Not sure why you'd want to do that??

Quote:
do you smack them indiscrimanantly for every instance of misbehavior?
Yes.

Quote:
at what age do you stop?
When they're old enough to understand they shouldn't be fucking up all the time.

Quote:
at what level of intensity to you beat the kid?
Level 10.

lol. This isn't me trying to start an argument BTW.

I firmly believe kids these days need far more discipline than they're being given.
Too often I see kids misbehaving, and the parents/guardians do jack all.
Kids are smart enough to figure out that if all they're receiving is a vocal lecturing, it wont be hard to get away with more mischief.
Give a kid a stern, but not outright abusive beating, and the kid will think twice before committing that same act.

* By no means, am I advocating abuse as OK. A disciplinary smack/spanking is all I'm agreeing with*
Old 12-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #30
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
we noticed it with my nephew and we started doing this thing in which, if he fell and you see he was ok, we just yell cheerfully "SAFE!" like an ump at a baseball game lol he smiles, gets up and keeps playing...it enforces indpendence...obviously if they fall and do hurt themselves, we help him out and take care of his injury to reinforce that we are there for him...
Theres always those couple seconds after a kid falls when you don't know whether they're going to laugh or cry. Encouraging the laugh is clever tactics!