Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2020, 10:05 PM   #1
broke240fromHI

Trader Rating: (0)
broke240fromHI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA24DE and BC 264/264 Cams

Trying to install my cylinder head and I had put in Brian Crower 264/264 cams and BC0210 valvetrain Kit (Dual Spring and Titanium retainer/seat) and Tomei Adjustable Sliding cam gears

I am wondering if degreeing the cams is necessary? They say on the website that it is ?plug and play? application...

I?ve tried to degree them and I got the intake cam adjusted to 121 degrees as it calls for in the cam card centerline.

However the exhaust comes out to a whopping 250 degrees, when it should be at 118 degrees... and this is at OEM TDC cam position (cylinder 1 lobes flat and in. And ex. facing away from each other)....

Tried removing the exhaust cam gear and moving the cam to a more advanced position. But I am afraid of running the motor this way.

Can anyone shine any light upon my situation as to what I should do before I explode my motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
broke240fromHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links