Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
fatsalmon15

Trader Rating: (0)
fatsalmon15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka24de VERY Low compression. HELP!!!

So before I begin to tear the motor out of my car (91 hatch) for a ka-t build I decided it would be a good idea to compression test the car before I start. I bought a compression tester and proceeded on my way. I let the car idle for 10 minutes or so to bring the temperature up a bit, pulled the spark wires and did my compression test. I got 98-103,109,101. I made sure that I held the throttle wide open when I did the test as well. I have never seen numbers this low and it doesn't make any sense to me. The engine runs great, doesn't smoke, and seems to have plenty of power. It does idle a little funky when its cold but besides that I haven't noticed anything wrong with it. The car is a dedicated drift car so the engine does get beat on but I have never see compression this low and the engine even run. The car did have some mods when I purchased it from the previous owner. The engine may have been turboed previously but I'm not too sure. Would low compression pistons or an aftermarket cam cause this? Did I do the test wrong!? I'm stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.
fatsalmon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links