Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
CrudeTech

Trader Rating: (0)
CrudeTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 My new SR/VQ swap is worrying me

I just picked up my car from the shop who installed a CD009 behind the SR20 red top, and I'm worried about some details. The shop is not exactly local, so going back there is a hassle.

1. The clutch appears to be slightly engaged, even with the pedal all the way it. When I put the shifter in first from a dead stop, the car still creeps forward as the gear engages. Any way to adjust the pedal? Is there something else going on with the clutch setup?

2. The clutch pedal action is smooth when the car is off, but not when I turn the car on. It almost feels like there's some rubbing on rubber going on. At least that's what it feels like.

3. The transmission itself is loud. I'm guessing it's because of the sizeable gears and the kinda-high mileage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. The car has a bad vibration that starts as soon as I go over 115 km/h. I'm thinking driveshaft shake. It's a one piece, so I was expecting vibrations, but it doesn't feel normal to me. Maybe it's out of balance. Anything else I should look into?

Any help, input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
CrudeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links