Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Voting Donald Trump for president?
Trump will get my support. 144 38.92%
Trump will not get my support. 226 61.08%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #11
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
D No, I still think he's an idiot with an impulsive mouth. I don't think he's entirely a bad person, but definitely in it for the same reason a career politician would be in it. Same shit, diff pile.
Alexander the Great is arguably the greatest leader of all time. He controlled much of the known western world (at the time) and laid the foundation for bringing the modern eastern and western worlds together. People adored him. History has a tendancy to adore him. And for the TLDR people, AtG is the perfect example for why people from total assholes to shear lucky people can be successful and great in the eyes of history by making many more people successful, despite SERIOUS character flaws.

Alexander the Great:
-died before 28
-Was what we would be called a lifelong gay in today's terms, yet married the daughter of his once most opposing force (more to come)
-took slaves, tortured them for rudimentary science
-basked in vanity
-Boasted and had a huge ego in his younger life and political years (when he First became king by declaring himself king after the Battle of Issus *irony much?*)
-the list of character flaws continues along the deplorable tracks to include rape and so on
-Is argued to have been not really 'special' relative to other people and wasnt particularly known as 'the smart kid' or 'the strong kid' or anything like that, he was just 'the kid' (until his dad emboldened AtG's ambition)
-is argued to have just been one super lucky SoB to have been totally undefeated even through his death.

He was so successful in the eyes of history despite what a lot of people today would consider damning flaws, because aside from his obvious geniology and hierarchical advantage:
-He lead from the front
-He aspired to be an expert at the art of strategy
-Gained an extreme amount of ambition ("thanks dad")
-Gained and maintained the affection of his people by being/acting (debated) as a commoner. People killed themselves when he died. (The fact it's debated, I believe, shows this is a massive piece to a political leadership success)
-Gained the affection of those he defeated in war, similarly
-TOOK CHANCES
-showed compassion by sparing enemy royalty and sometimes their local government officials. Even displaying chivalry to them.
-encouraged interracial relationships for his troops directly and by example (remember?)
-Was a diverse thinker that could eventually harness not just the adoration of family friends fellow-soldiers and global politics, but also economics and wartime strategy.
-Constantly pushed the limits of 'scientific', engineering, and human innovation
-Had extremely strong moral courage (meaning to continue to do what he believed in while facing adversity, as opposed to upholding modern-to-us standards)

Read up on AtG sometime. Its kind of obvious people and history will readily sidestep YUGE character flaws if it means that humanity benefitted in the long run. I was about to write an opposing argument, but this is zilvia so i need not say more on that.

In conclusion:
Give Trump a chance, he's no where near as crazy as AtG was.
Even if he ISNT the common man he appears, and if he does the right thing by people and history as a whole he'll go down in history as a legend. Albeit not likely anywhere near as badass as AtG but would be legendary nontheless. I'm not going to do it because I do not think he'll match AtG, but one could readily argue that history has already beckoned trump's success based on the lines you can draw connecting himself and AtG. The similarities are striking, but probably dont amount to much significance as many other leaders have tried to replicate AtG and failed

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 12-09-2016 at 05:06 AM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote