Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #1
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. white is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. white
S14 Kouki SR20det Wiring Harness Help

So, My wiring harness was pretty haggard. I took it upon myself to try and fix it up. I did pretty well. lots of patch work and sleeving. I wired everything up to the pin out sheet I found for the harness online. I throw it in the car and get power to everything as is. Fuel pump primes, 12V to circuits. But, it won't start anymore. I know there are issues with it, obviously, since it started prior to my tinkering but just looked bad. over the past two weeks I have done lots of researching on things it could be and cannot find a solution. So, I will give a rundown of everything I'm experiencing and hope for the best.

I went through the circuits using a Zenki diagram because I cannot find a Kouki one anywhere. As of now, this is what I have experienced.

Initially
- Signal and power to CAS (Unplugged)
- Power to Coil packs and injector harness
- Power to coilpack side of igniter
- Power to ECCS relay (one side sees 12V other doesn't, thought this was normal but could be wrong?)

^This lead me to believe that is was an issue that there was no signal being sent to tell the car to start (no voltage from ecu side of ignitor or signal from coilpacks)

Now, here is where shit gets weird:

- When the CAS is plugged in, I get 12V but I get no signal voltage to those wires
- ECU side of igniter has no voltage going through in either ON or Start position
- Orange start signal wire on dash plug get 9 volts
- With injector ground connected, fuel pressure drops as soon as car stops being cranked

I started fucking with the grounds, only to find that:
- Igniter ground disconnected yields voltage to all ECU pins AND voltage to coilpacks
- Injector ground disconnected yields same results to injector connectors, Fuel pressure remains steady after cranking stops
-Disconnected CAS ground. Voltage with CAS connected at 5 volts.

Car still won't start.

Looking for some help on what to fix. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Lawz
Mr. white is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links