Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
regnaleb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
regnaleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need tech help with my newly swapped sr20det

Okay guys i desperately need your expertise to help me get this thing running. Here's what i know... its a s13 240sx with a s13 sr20det TYPE X swap. I swapped in the motor and hooked up everything leaving the battery hookup for last. I accidentally hooked up the battery wrong (opposite terminals) and immediately blew up my alt fuse... so i disconnected it quickly ( i did not try and crank the engine while hooked up wrongly). So long story short, I replaced the fuse, the ignitor chip, and the ecu just in case i fried them.

PROBLEM: Engine cranks, gets fuel, gets spark and no start using the 62 ECU

Okay new objectives.

1. How can i find out if my harness is a type x harness. I know i have a type x motor(well at least that is what ive been told by a pretty reputable guy).

2. Any instructions on how to repin my 62 ECU to work for a "type x harness" Or is it me rewiring my "blue plug" to be compatible with a 62 ECU. Which way is it?

3. I plugged in my E5 ecu today and i got no spark again so i thought it just might be stuck in diagnostic mode because that mode screw on the ecu is broken. All at the same time i checked for voltage on my CAS and it all read -0.5v... so yeah i dont know what the means lol.

So basically I have no working E5 ecu. I dont know if i have a type X harness or not. When i do plug in the 62 ECU i get spark, fuel and it cranks but no fire.

EDIT: everything that has changed is highlighted in RED

Last edited by regnaleb; 04-02-2015 at 12:28 PM..
regnaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links