Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
ジェリービンス s14

WARNING: not the most interesting thread ever! but i will continue to upgrade this chassis as much as my pocket allows me to!

I've been a member of zilvia for a few (3) years now. I'm finally coming around to making a build thread. bare with me. it's nothing too fancy.

i got my s14 off of some local military dude, bone stock 5 speed with 95,000 original miles. it was a four lug with sun roof, vlsd, clean dash and cruise control. only "mod" it had was some shitty ass dual pipe fence exhaust.

this was how it looked when i had just picked it up.

The dude i got it from included some function and form coil overs and a z32 brake swap.

i drove it around for a while with the stock four lug wheels. i threw on the f&f coil overs just so it wouldn't be so stock looking.

here is how it looked for a long time as i saved up money for the 5 lug swap, wheels, brakes and links.

i had just started working on an ambulance when i started saving up. i got hired at a local hospital to work the emergency room. this meant a lot more income than working construction and the ambulance combined.

i had saved up and got mb battles (17x9.5 +15 all around with yokohama s drives) and took it to a local shop. once there, they installed isis links, brakes and 5 lug swap.

Once everything was done at the shop i headed down to pep boys, where i met my buddy danny thats been doing my alignments ever since.

It was such a sketchy drive. the toe in the rear was off! i remember not being ably to go over 25mph without it wobbling around.

rolling fenders.

final product.

At this point in time, i was very happy with where my build was at. I thought drifting was silly and time attack was kind of hard core and i wasn't trying to build either style of car, i just wanted a cool looking s14. everything changed when i met these guys.

justin (frisky nipples) ninjo, julian (juice) alex (drama) bryant (joto) all took me under their wings and guided me away from the #hoonigan #stickerbomb life and showed me what real drifting was all about! constant rainy nights at "the spot" really helped me learn how to control my underpowered ka, vlsd with stock angle.(best way to learn)

so after hanging with my newfound brothers, some mods had to come along.

first things first i got a mint seat of jam kouki taillight (a must IMO)

i got my hands on a 330mm nardi deep corn, work bells hub, nrg quick release and hub lock with burnt titanium baller bolts here on zilvia for a really good price so it was a must!.

while gathering up funds for the 5 lug swap i came across some oem naval parts ry-guy hooked me up with straight from japan! (thanks dude hope you see this thread)

he wasn't able to ship a bumper out to me because of EMS's regulations, so i had to source one else where! fortunatly i was able to get a bumper with grill for cheap!

so while all my naval pieces where collecting dust in the garage, i ordered pbm subfrime raisers, pbm drift button, DIF solid diff bushings and a tome technical trax two way diff! man oh man does that diff make a difference!.

here are some pics of the install.

breaking in the diff was way too fun! after i was able to gather up funds, it was time to slap on the navan and color match the car! i wanted to keep the car red but i wanted to change it up a bit. i selected a red i thought would look cool but when spraying it, the hue completely changed (the color chart lied to me)! i didn't like it at first, then grew on me, and now i hate it! haha oh well paint is coming soon(again)! but back to this paint job.... my uncle is a hell of a handy man! from carpentry, metal work, and mechanics, he does it all(and well). when i found out he was doing an apprenticeship for a local body shop, i hit him up to see if he was willing to help spray my car! without hesitation he said yes! here are some pics of prep and paint.

so once all the prep was done we sprayed it down with some primer...

and laid on the paint..

yes we did prep and spray the car outside. it was both our first time painting a car and didn't really care to go to a booth. it was a nice still day so we went all out. quality came out damn good for a backyard special.

we parked it in his garage and applied heat lamp for 2 days.

Last edited by jerry_beans; 01-24-2015 at 12:10 PM..
jerry_beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links