Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #1
Spectre420

Trader Rating: (0)
Spectre420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Frame damage?

So I bought this 240sx with no wheels for 700$.
I put my spare wheels on it and drove her home.
It needed another 150$ of love but so far for 850$ I am very happy with the car.
Problem is the dude I think ditched it.
Like literally ran into a ditch.
I have replaced the crossmember as the front right control arm mount was bent. (18$), the brakes on the front and rear with 5lug 300zx brakes because the stock ones are shot and i planned to do it anyway(100$) and a few other little things.
It needs new radius rod brackets as they are bent and i plan on getting the nismo power brace and upgrading the whole suspension system anyway.
The front core support is slightly bent but nothing heating and tapping couldn't resolve and needs a small 3.5 inch crack welded up.
If you dont include the stuff I had planned on doing to the car anyway, I got this car for 750$ with an automatic trans and a running 192k engine and would be a steal if this car is okay to use.

The car drives fine now but it has this small ding in the frame rail on one side underneath.

Thats why I am here.
It looks minor to me but I know nothing about frame damage.
I am not sure if they are from bottoming out on something real hard or that running into the ditch. Also I am not sure if they are bad enough to worry about or will impact the performance of the car. If so are they fixable?
PLZ HALP!!!
I WANT TO FIX IT!

I have huge plans (and money ) for this car. I want to upgrade every single part of the suspension and driveline, put it on coils, drop knuckles and ball joints, slam it, 5 speed swap it, fully brace it and put a cage in it, put nice 17's and sticky tires, a helical diff, and re-build it for 225hp (crank) 11.1:1 N/A on 93 octane fully gutted weighing in at 2248lbs-ish.

I really hope this isn't a deal breaker and I gotta go find a shell because this 91 s13 is beautiful and black with one small dent and working flip ups on both sides and would be an amazing street/once or twice a month track car.

Thanks in advance for checking this thread out and any info provided.
The community here is pretty awesome.
Spectre420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links