Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yes, another Type X build..... Attempt to create a decent first car.

Well I had the idea of making a build thread but was unsure if I wanted to keep the car or part it out. Ever since I bought it I have been working, going to school or doing something to the car, and I was kinda tired of it so I wanted to part out the car, but I came to the realization that I simply couldn't. So I will push forward and finish the car now.

Now moving on to the car. (complete specs at the bottom)

I bought it Febuary, 14 2012. Looking back I was to naive, and maybe should not have bought it. Pretty much stock, sr20 and tein coils.

Kept it pretty much like that for about a year. Then bought suspension, brakes, RPf1s, 5 lug swap and HKS hypermax from Kunio a GTR-Garage.

After I started piecing together OEM Kouki Type X parts. Then focused on the bushings. Installed PBM subframe raisers, energy suspension bushings, and coated the bottom of the car with 3M undercoating.

Then an Nismo/ARC bug bit me an I started buying parts.

Probably the last picture I took of the car with the old SR.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Then this is where it went downhill. On March, 18 2013, I was on my way to a friends apartment to pull an all nighter for our final the the next day. On my way there I decided to take the car, then on the freeway I heard so fluctuating humming/drone noise, pulled over and everything was fine so I assumed it was tire noise, kept driving then about 10 miles later, engine stated to knock. Threw the car in neutral, then before I could turn it off the SR threw a rod.

Started to part out what was salvageable, and looking for another engine. Decided to stick with an sr20 since when taking apart and looking at everything I was able to familiarize myself with it. I made the mistake of selling the ARC BOv & SMIC......

After about 4 months and looking at some sketchy engines, I found one that I was comfortable buying. Might have paid a little more than I wanted but it was the only one with receipts and clear specs on it.

Took me a while to get it in since I painted the engine bay and cleaned some stuff.

cleaned the engine up bit.

Nismo catback!

Found a Nismo and ARC oil caps within a few weeks of each other. As well as a Nismo catback

Got the car running. BOY WAS I STOCKED!!!

Lately I don't drive the car much, but seats started to bother me. I bought some R32 GTR seats.

Now, I'm trying to decide if I'll paint this car, or buy a cleaner, straight shell(quarter panels) and transfer everything.

Also Looking for new wheels, and maybe new kit for the car. Along with some other parts, but I'll be updating this often and see where it goes.

MOD LIST:
-Old school Nismo strut bars* (single bend (ca18) front)
-Old school Nismo Oil Cap *
-Old school Nismo Cat back *
-Nismo S13 Power Brace
-ARC Super Micro Radiator*
-ARC intake box*
-ARC ver.1 Oil cap*
-OEM 180sx Kouki front (frp lip)
-OEM 180sx Kouki side skirts
-OEM 180sx Kouki Wing
-OEM 180sx Kouki wings
-Battle Version Traction, Toe and Tension rods
-S14 Kazama RUCA
-S13 Kazama inner & outer tie rods
-S13 PBM ver. spindle and adjustable FLCA with monobal ball joint and roll center correction.
-S13 subframe with PBM bushings (painted silver)
-S13 ichiba front 5 lug
-S14 read 5 lug hubs
-Brembo “F40”/Gran turimso BBK w/ 32mm X 330mm 2 piece rotors
-Z32 complete rear brake swap (w/ ebrake)

Engine:
S14 sr20det
-CP pistions 8.5:1 stock compression
-Eagle rods w/ ARP 2000 studs
-ACL Race rod and main bearings
-Moroso oversized baffled aluminum oil pan
-Blitz FMIC
-Nismo engine/trans mounts
-CodyAce Quest alternator and A/C brackets
-S15 7layer exhaust manifold gasket
-Z32 MAF
-Greddy Suction intake pipe
-Nismo 740CC injectors
-S15 T28 (GT28r)
-Silicone radiator hoses
-RS-Enthalpy ROM tune
-Forge Fast Road recirculation/divertor valve
-DIF steel braided turbo lines
-s14 koyo copper radiator
-Nismo Sport Copper mix Clutch
-Tomei Poncams 256/256 retains VTC
-Greddy RAS
-ARP head and main studs.
-Circuit Sport MLS headgasket.
-Ishihara Johnson teflon crankshaft scraper
-Wiring specialties s14 sr to s14 harness (modified by Eric Typner to go on s13)

Last edited by dluevanos01; 12-22-2014 at 03:10 PM..
dluevanos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links