Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Darrenb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
Darrenb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
DarrenB’s 1uz Itasha zenki s14 build

Hey everyone, decided to do an s14 build. A little background information about myself, I have no formal education on working on cars but since the beginning of high school have always been working on building cars. I have learned a lot through experience and reading up . I have dabbled in drifting in the past but never had the funds to forgo it. I’m now 26 years old and have decided to finally build my dream zenki s14 in my house garage to test my knowledge and passion for building cars.

I would like to also give a big thanks to Touge Factory, powered by max, Brett Collins, SNTRL, Diamond Vinyl, Broken motorsports, and my friends for being a big support in my build.

When I first got her, just a shell and a hideous lime green engine bay.

The full interior

Started stripping the interior and the chassis harness since I’m doing a switch panel

Took out the rear and gas tank and started rust proofing/removing rust on the undercarriage.

Undercarriage wasn’t bad at all

Blasted and metal washed.

Por15’d

Did a restoration job on the gas tank
Before:

After:

Did the same to the heat shield as well
Before:

in process:

After:

Next it was roll cage time, I’ve welded a few times but don’t have easy access to bending tools and metal. So I decided it was more cost effective and easier to have a place that specializes in building cages do the Job. I trailed the shell to my friend Bill over at Broken motorsports and had the cage with NASA rules, FD reg and my specs built.

While the car was at the shop I decided to work on the 5 lug hubs I purchased, the rear were used and the fronts were new. New bearings, and cleaned them up

Now parts started arriving. My whole suspension is all PBM with the exception of the RLCA, rear traction arm, and rear knuckles.

Some of the first parts that came in

Last edited by Darrenb; 09-28-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Darrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links