Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
SR Z32 swap.

(pretty much copied and pasted from my build thread on 300zxclub.com)

So I believe in late September early October of last year I blew the VG in my z and for about 2 or so years I really wanted to throw an SR into my Z I figured this was my time to do so. I really like how they sound and look. I know TT would give me more power, is a lot easier to do, etc etc. But I am not to much of a fan to work on them or how they sit in Z32 engine bays. I figured some may find interest in this and some may call me an idiot, but that is fine.

(I apologize in advance for the cell phone quality pictures)

The night my VG decided it was done with life and then the next door or so when I pulled it out.

I later on picked up a S14 SR and for shits and giggles just dropped it in to get an idea of how it's going to look. To me it looks very natural in the Z engine bay. I took the turbo off because the compressor housing had a good size crack in it.

Which is okay because I had picked up a S15 turbo and HKS actuator for it.

Thanks to Greg (I believe that was his name) over at Specialty Z for the divorced down pipe. It needs some modifying seeing as the angle is to harsh for the SR and I will be running a screamer pipe.

Picked up a S13 Koyo N-flow Radiator which fits right in to a z32 with no mods and allows me to now run the Kazama Power brace I've had laying around. Also got a Tomei FPR and Fuel Pressure gauge.

Got a 80mm Blitz Nur Spec to get a nice sound from this motor. Did a little mock up on how I want it to sit. Also got a HKS filter and found a second hand Blitz FMIC for a good price so I picked it up polished it/stenciled it.

(it's a little off centered and my dogs felt like lounging while I was about to talk the picture)

Bought some little under the hood goodies as well. A nice Tomei Oil Cap and Coil Pack cover.

Need cool gauges and what not so I got Blitz Racing Meter SD's for Boost and Oil Pressure. Here's how I will have them mounted. (not a fan of a-pillar mounting)

Did not want to use the small SR trans so I ordered a Mazworx adapter plate and sent the bellhousing to the machine shop.

And now I have all the everything packed inside the car so I can tow it over to my good friend Juans (Bardabe is his username on here) shop for all the fabrication. Mounts, exhaust, IC piping, powersteering, wiring etc.

Parts list in the hatch. Blitz Gauges, URAS hyper single clutch, Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers, Blitz muffler, Blitz FMIC, Tomei FPR and fuel gauge, Specialty Z down pipe, Koyo Radiator, and Samco Silicone hoses.

I hope to keep this updated frequently and hope to see a good amount of interest out of it.

Seeing as this is a very recent thing I got done by "Bardabe" I figured I'll throw it in here. I had them extended 20mm and painted them gold and matched my tension rod brackets to them.

The main purpose to this whole build hahah
(Juan "Bardabe" found this clutch at a local importer and picked it up brought it back and pretty much made it mandatory to do the swap haha)
[IMG]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/Franklinz32/IMAG0323_zpsf3fdaf0a.jpg

Picked up these little things last week I believe. 7 layer exhaust manifold gasket, 5 bolt metal turbo gasket, valve cover, and Walboro 255.

Not really a big update. I just ran the wires for the gauges so once the harness is in an everything I can just wire them up and watch them light up and do cool stuff.

I ran them beside the floor vent down to where the ECU is.

Labeled them so I don't get them mixed up.

And no wires anywhere.

Final product. Made sure the Bezel sat flush.

Had a few little things come in the mail on Saturday.

Definitely wasn't necessary, but definitely was necessary.

Figured since the URAS clutch is unsprung this would be a good thing to upgrade.

Also resprayed and cleaned up the "Nissan twin cam blah blah blah". I think it can out really well for spray can.
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links