Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
FCricky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FCricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Adams View Post
Yeah I got you I forgot about the whole base thing my work just went through a bunch of bs trying to get on a base on nor cal for a job we had.

It was just registered in California like 1 weeks ago I just swapped the titles. I can also have it smoged in cali. I have a sale deal working on this car if it goes through he will have 10k in his hand ..
dude it sucks trying to get anything on base my friend dropped 13k on a really nice legit S13 coupe with a SR20 DET, Silvia Front End the prettiest paint job too much SWAGG was in this car... problem was it was from out of state... and were in San Diego CA and he cant get it past the base gate...cause the car was too "modified" to get it register in CA well long story short he had to sell it asap on a loss 8K to some lucky dude in Arizona... and regrets buying it like hell.

so smogging it is part of the problem but not if it was still registered in California... its getting it past the DMV INSPECTION which is going to lead to the STATE REFEREE guaranteed and i wouldn't wish it on anyone cause at that point your in a lot of hurt. if it was still a CA car then you can just go to your CONNECT smog it register it without any bs like inspections... easy day.

so trying to get that S13 with the LS1 swap registered back in California is almost next to impossible. and trust me no smog station in california is going to risk it if its out of state to get it register in California cause it will D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y lead back to them once the DMV INSPECTION starts and from that point its just a domino effect of what bad things will happen.