Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I agree to a point, no real harm in trying something out, just be aware of what consumer laws protect you. As for accountability between PBM and ebay, PBM has to have a US Tax ID number, alone with a business license because they are a wholesaler, an ebay seller doesn't. That means that if PBM has problems, they have to carry insurance to cover their liability, can you guess what happens if you buy something off eBay and it fails on you and someone gets hurt? Just read the ToS for eBay, we use it in grad school as an example of loop holing and most of my professors are amazed that the government still allows people to do business on eBay because there are no laws for consumers that cover it. You're basically out in the cold. For example, if I build a gokart and sell it at a yard sale, the gokart breaks and kills or severely injures the kids riding it, I have liability because of how the transaction took place. Now if I had sold the same gokart on eBay then I have no legal liability to the buyer for the failure of the gokart, eBay's TOS protects me as a seller, and any buyer agrees to it when you create an account.

Sorry I know that was really off topic, and these are subframe spacers so even if they fail chances of anyone getting hurt are EXTREMELY slim, just thought I would put some information out there.
No you're right, i see what you're saying. And i support on what PBM's are doing. But to me, this whole 240sx is a phase, like i stated above. Im not tryna to make a career out of it. So something i can swing by and use for a few months or so. Ill go for it. When it comes to really important car parts, water pump, brakes and such. i dont go cheap on those.