Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
kyleshell

Trader Rating: (1)
kyleshell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation Rear clunking noise, only under acceleration

Ok so I am about to pull every hair out in my head at this point. There is a clunking noise from the rear, towards to back right wheel of my S14. I have coils, RUCA's, toe rods, traction rods that are aftermarket back there. Stock rear brakes.
Ok so here's the problem. When I start off in 1st gear, nothing makes noise. In every gear after that, this clunking noise begins. It only happens when the car is under acceleration, when there is force/pressure being applied. I have gone through several phases of lowering and raising the car. Before I raised it up a little bit, the car was pretty low. And at that height it never made this funky noise. But when I raised it back up to where is sits now, that's when it started. I have checked every link, nothing is rubbing, etc...I don't know what else to frackin do. Someone pleeeeaaaase shed some light on this sitiation!
kyleshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links