Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
High HP SR Spark Blowout....Discussion/Solutions

Disclaimer: After about 5 weeks of troubleshooting, the LAST thing I did was to try to back-probe all of the ground wires going into the ECU to check for continuity with ground.....all of them checked out just fine.

However, after doing this, the issue was resolved.....it must have ultimately been an ever-so-loose ground-wire pin into the ECU that was causing intermittant contact, or something, because immediately after doing that, the issue went away and never came back

Continue reading if you are having the same symptoms....there is a good deal of discussion in this thread, and maybe you can see the long list of things I checked in the process and find something you forgot.

9/26/2010

************************************************** ************************************************
************************************************** ************************************************

I was wondering if we could get a discussion going about what types of power your car has and what types of plugs/gaps you run to prevent blowout of spark.

My car used to have 330 whp and never blew out spark with 17 psi on a GT2871R.

Now, I am up around 370-380 or so.....running around 19-20 psi.

In the winter, I was fine, but now that it is warm out, if I floor it, it hits 20 psi and starts to sputter and die around 600-6500 RPM in the higher gears (3rd and 4th).

I am running BCPR7ES-11 (I think that is right)....they are coppers, gapped to 0.028

I am also running stock coilpacks with new amplification device or anything, just stock ignition setup.

Is anyone else with such a setup on an SR seeing blowout issues (seems to have come on when it got hot out)?

What gaps are you guys running to avoid blowout, or what types of ignition modifications?

I'd like to hear what works and what doesn't work for specific setups.

I don't want this to be people just giving answers.....only post if you have first hand experience with a specific setup.

NO IT IS NOT KNOCKING....I HAVE A STANDALONE, TIMING IS NOT BEING PULLED, ETC ETC.....

Daily driven

Last edited by jspaeth; 09-26-2010 at 09:17 PM..
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links