Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
MacDrizzle

Trader Rating: (0)
MacDrizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Skott View Post
if you only want 2 and change to the wheels and have it NA. just drop an LT1 or LS1 in there and call it a day.
I'd say do what ever the fuck you wanna do to your car! The LS1 is a great swap for a 240 it weighs damn near the same as the KA so you won't have the suspension overload or handling problems. The downside to the LS1 is the cost a good motor and tranny is gonna run you anywhere from $2000 to $5000. If you aren't a fabricator then you need mounts made as well as headers, radiator etc... then you have to source an ECU, update your fuel system and all the other bells and whistles. I would recommend chassis stiffening and bracing also. Hinson Supercars has all the stuff to do this swap but the prices are a bit high. As for the LT1 well that is a whole different demon that requires full fabrication.

check out www.hinsonsupercars.com

I have had success with the KA and i still love it. My suggestion is not to set specific power goals but to build it with the best parts and address its weaknesses and make changes where needed. Don't be a monkey and boost a stock motor, it'll be fun.......for awhile anyhow!!!

Just my two cents, but what do I know im just a redneck wit a flatbed!
MacDrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote