Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2003, 01:57 AM   #1
DSC
New Title

Trader Rating: (0)
DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Screw it! Guys I'm a nut, please help me not do something stupid.

OK, I've talked to a few of you individually and I seem to change my mind every day. But the end result stays the same, which is somewhat comforting...racing cars.

So, a little background, you can skip this paragraph if you like...
I've watched speed vision touring car races since I was like 12 or 13...always wanted to do it, but figured it was something impossible and just shruged it off...kept doing whatever I was into at the time. Ok, so fast forward to 16-17 years old, get a car and start reading everything I can find. Realize racing is a posiblity, get excited...OK, so I want to race cars again. Then I finally get on track and it is everything I ever hoped it would be, and then some...now hopelessly addicted I want w2w action. Track days are just masterbation(tho fun and a nessisary step that can't really be skipped)...I want the real thing. Now...how to get there!

So, I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get w2w w/out waiting any longer than I have to...afterall, i've waited a long freakin time already.

My ideas: Selling my car is going to happen regardless...it's a part of every idea I have. So, that doesn't change no matter what.
1) buy s13 coupe, daily drive and build for ITA. Then later buy tow thing while finishing race car.
2) buy tow thing now as daily driver and buy prebuilt ITA car. This will save me a lot of time and money (in the thousands) but not be quite as fun...
3) give up now, and just race karts...i'm sure this would not satify me for long though.
4) ?????? help me. I really love 240's and want to race one, tho I'm not totally closed minded here...944 cup and spec e30 have crossed my mind, till I realized that I'm not rich. echc is also something, but 240 is what i really want.

BTW, for those who have met me in person. Yes I realize my lack of experiance no need to point that out here. I'm cursed with having to have everythign planned out...that and a horrible addiction to that go fast crack. w2w is something I want more than anything and REALLY am doing everything I can to get there by 2004, early or late.

For those who race, or plan to race, or just think I'm a freaking lunitick give me some suggestions.
Seriously, this is something that is going to happen...I just have no idea how.

Edit: just FYI, I really don't care what I drive to and fro every day...Though gas and insurance are concerns, gas isn't a huge one. I drive my s14 pretty damn slow on the streets anyway and I don't care about having a cool car or whatever, just somethign that works....goal is racing, not picking up chicks at the strip with a sweet car thats why it's posted here...not chat.

Last edited by DSC; 04-12-2003 at 02:06 AM..
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links