Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
bnaley
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bnaley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bnaley
Choosing a Color for my S13.5

I need some help choosing a color for my widebody S13.5 hatchback with a vertex kit. The car is all primered and ready to paint but I'm still deciding between 2 colors. TVR racing green off the sagaris which can be seen here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28576060&q=TVR
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...p?f=7&t=160138

My other choice is a Lambo color called Oro Adonis. Here is a couple pictures of this gold/copper color.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ddition584.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ddition598.jpg

Let me know what you guys think I should choice because I can't make up my mind since I like both of them. I think I'm leaning more towards the Oro Adonis though.
bnaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its up to you, just watch out becuase people here will flame you for asking that..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
well, I'll have to say this.

Usually, these cars turn out like shit.
However, you say you have vertex, so that is a quick step in the right direction.
also, your colors are pretty unique. another step in the right.
I think the green would look pretty nuts.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
Oro Adonis FTW
Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
thundering02
Leaky Injector

thundering02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally +1 to the lambo Oro Adonis
Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Either colors look good cause they are on super exotics.

The reason the Oro Adonis looks so good for example is cause its on a Lambo

On a 240....eh....I dunno

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
JSpecBnr32
Zilvia Junkie

JSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to JSpecBnr32 Send a message via MSN to JSpecBnr32
this thread is worthless without pics of your car!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
pics of your car would be nice, but for now im voting for the green.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Blitz Silver or Veilside Silver.

End of thread.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I would personally go for the racing green for statement. It jumps out pretty damn well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
oro adonis for me
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
compare the surfacing of
a. that lambo

then b. your 240.

How are they similar? Not in any way other then its got 4 wheels. That color, while cool, will not look the same. Personally I think it'll look like poop.

Same comparison goes for the sagaris green.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #13
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection

Yet another example.

Lambo? Amen.
240? Fail.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #14
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i actually think that TVR green would look pretty decent with an S15 face.

and OT but shiitt those rear wheels on the lambo are hot.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
Either colors look good cause they are on super exotics.

The reason the Oro Adonis looks so good for example is cause its on a Lambo

On a 240....eh....I dunno
Exactly! People always try crazy colours on not so crazy cars, and it just ends up looking cheeeeeezy in the end. I would go with the green because it is a little more subtle.

Example of cheeeeeze(Lambo Green apparently).

EDIT: LOL! Logan just posted the Lambo. I spent forever trying to find the pic of this S14.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Hmm, that S14 isnt so bad

I dunno, wild ass colors just work only in Japan, where the beer is tastier and they do it REAL big at the track.

But on S13.5 stateside...this color would be too HIN for me.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 09-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #17
staygold24
Zilvia Addict

staygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enough
just do a good red, that or the new land rover orange or the 350z burnt orange
staygold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #18
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
well, I'll have to say this.

Usually, these cars turn out like shit.
However, you say you have vertex, so that is a quick step in the right direction.
also, your colors are pretty unique. another step in the right.
I think the green would look pretty nuts.
+1 but yeah not sure about it being on 13.5...true it might be HIN color on an S
Old 09-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #19
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staygold24
just do a good red, that or the new land rover orange or the 350z burnt orange
just kinda hard since those a popular these days

and certain companies (super made, origin, etc) have made them already popular enough

im guessing he wants to be "unique"

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 09-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Out of those two, I like Oro Adonis best
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #21
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
i vote against both colors due to the fact that neither will look good on a 240 imo. if i really had to choose i would choose the copper with some black mixed in somewhere maybe the hood or something or the top of the car. for the green i would go a lil darker.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #22
bnaley
Leaky Injector

bnaley is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnaley
Yea I just want a color no one else has and I think I'm gonna go with the Racing Green color. I'm not sure if the lambo color would work on my car. Btw here are the full specs for the exterior.

1990 240sx hatchback
S13.5 Single Vent Masa Fenders
Charge Speed 50mm rear fenders
Garage S Carbon Fiber hood
Ganadar aero mirrors
G-sport mini wing
17x9 and 17x10 Volk CE28N's

I'm building up a rb26 at the moment so it will defiently be pretty sick. I'll post pics when the car is out of the body shop. It's apart right now so it's nothing really to look at but i'll post a few teaser pics.
bnaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #23
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
+1 for oro adonis... it looks nice...

exotic colors don't come out the same when you paint your car that color... but that doesnt mean it will turn out looking bad. a good body shop can do wonders.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #24
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Don't try so hard to be original. There's a good chance no one else has done it, because it looks like ass. Just pick a color you like. Good luck with the car, but build it yourself, not to what anyone on the internet thinks you should do.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #25
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
those colors seem kinda well, too much. youve done alot to this car so choose soemthing that complements it, not distracts from it.

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Don't try so hard to be original. There's a good chance no one else has done it, because it looks like ass. Just pick a color you like. Good luck with the car, but build it yourself, not to what anyone on the internet thinks you should do.

yea go w/ flat army green
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #27
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CRXsiR
yea go w/ flat army green
What the Hell is "Army Green"?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #28
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaley
Yea I just want a color no one else has and I think I'm gonna go with the Racing Green color. I'm not sure if the lambo color would work on my car. Btw here are the full specs for the exterior.

1990 240sx hatchback
S13.5 Single Vent Masa Fenders
Charge Speed 50mm rear fenders
Garage S Carbon Fiber hood
Ganadar aero mirrors
G-sport mini wing
17x9 and 17x10 Volk CE28N's

I'm building up a rb26 at the moment so it will defiently be pretty sick. I'll post pics when the car is out of the body shop. It's apart right now so it's nothing really to look at but i'll post a few teaser pics.
Oh.... well look at that. Not your average USA parts.
So I think you continue going in the right direction. Good stuff.
What I think would look good is a dark blue. Not so much that it looks black, but just a dark blue. Remember the old signal car? yeah like that. However, that was like a greenish blue color with sparkles in it.
I loved that car.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #29
theimportguy
Leaky Injector

theimportguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Ooooooo...TVR colour! Nice thinking. I personally would go with the green. The orange colour would make your car look similar to the Silk Road 240...which might I add is pretty f'ing sweet. But quite a few 240s have gone with that type of colour, and I dont think it gooes too well. I think green FTW...or another cool TVR colour...like the blue and green colour. Mmmmmmm. With the wide body it will make it worth getting that type of paint too becaus eyou will get more colour variation through the body. If I had the money to go a different colour, I would probably go with somehting like a TVR colour or similar...but I will be sticking to my grey for now...or maybe a bit darker.
theimportguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #30
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Both colors seem pretty obnoxious to me... this a show car?
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote