Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
JDM_Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
JDM_Tuner's Build Thread-Past, Present, and Future-

I have a few build threads on other sites like my350z, kcdrift.com, even the premium members on here but i dont get any comments so ill post into chat since this is a build thread, expect an update every weekend but today im gonna tell you guys my past right up to the present, and then future.

Currently im 16, i hustle hard to be able to this shit on my cars and i do NOT ask my mommy for anything, well at least not anymore, and sometimes she does surprise me with a part as a gift and what not. but anyways here we go:

it all started when i was about 13, i was watching a dvd i got from my sisters friend that worked for enkei wheels where this guy was interviewing keiichi tsuchiya while he showed various ways to intiate a drift in his s15. Anyways ive always loved cars since my dad owned a used car dealership while he was still alive, well we still own it but im saying my dad is the reason i like cars. my first "Drift" car that i purposefully bought was a 95 240sx, i have had many cars before then but this 240 was the first car i actually wanted to put all my money into. I bought it for $750 in an auction, i didnt pay for it with my money, since i really wasnt making any then. It was wrecked, but i saw what i could turn that car into.

i wish i would have done some research amd found out that there was something called "overfenders" lol because i didnt know about them back then so i just thought it had to be pulled, welded and bondoed...lol but it still came out alright. so after some body work, paint, interior reupholstry, exhaust, and some wheels i found at the dealership laying around, this was it:

I started learning a lot more about 240's and drifting so for my 14th birthday i asked for an sr20, so i went up to Dewey in STL at JDMHookup and he gave me a good deal on a zenki s14 front clip so my mom said "what the hell, ok"

I pulled the engine as soon as i got it to the shop, i stripped it to a bare longblock and painted EVERY part that was on it, i got the wiring done by yuri at wiring specialties and i got a cxracing fmic, walbro 255, ss turbo lines, nismo mounts, and some other odds and ends for the swap. The painting and swap of the sr took me about 2 months, not because i didnt know what i was doing because i am very mechanically inclined but because it was winter and i had to joggle school and sports as well as finding time to go down to the shop to work. but heres how it turned out (also got circuit sports clear lenses, best use of an oven ever lol)

anyways that was when my mom cut me off, she said she had enough of me using her money to fund my hobbies. So i began to sell my leftover 240sx parts, i hustled and gave people some great parts and great prices while still making enough money to fund my addiction to new parts. My next buy was BIG, at least for me at the time, i had saved up almost 2k and i wanted to blow it so i bought this stuff, as well as z32 fronts and a cheap duraflex body kit, since i was at the time going hard streeting whenever i could, i couldnt afford to bust up a legit body kit.

I got all that stuff installed and the car was looking pretty good, and that pretty much where im at today.

now let me back track a little bit, for my 16th birthday my mom got me a 07 350z, she got a baller deal on it from another dealership so she said "what the hell, ok" lol. (current mods include a bride vios 3, apex'i exhaust, and some intakes, nothing crazy, since most of my money goes to my 240)

after mods (also i had the xxrs on the z for awhile since i went through the z's tires pretty fast

throughout these past 3 yrs ive been getting pretty good at drifting, and just driving in general, ive never crashed and never got a speeding ticket event though i dont drive like a pussy at all)
i wish i had more footage of me drifting in events but kansas drift events dont have too many videographers but heres some vids ive found that are of me or have me in them. (keep in mind the z had an open diff and bald ass front tires, and no ebrake...lol)
350 Z DRIFT KY!11 rnd1 - YouTube
this next vid watch for the good looking black zenki, im the first one out onto the track in the video
KCDA drift event 3 2011 - YouTube

So back to the present, i recently tried selling my s14 to fund another s-chassis build but the buyer i was waiting for 2 months to buy my car flaked, so im just gonna keep it, i could find another buyer no prob, but the s14 is reliable and doesnt have any issues besides the stock suspension, so this winter im doing a full rebuild, today in fact i started taking out the engine and tranny to do front tubs, and tomorrow

Last edited by JDM_Tuner; 11-07-2012 at 08:10 AM..
JDM_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

12/29/11
i officially started the car "rebuild" , and i scheduled to get my car tubbed and caged by Omar in STL at nocturnal motorwork.

so today i woke up at 3:16pm, its the usual time when im on break from school, I got to the shop around 4 and got straight to work.
Simple stuff comes off

Hood, radiator, intercooler, etc off

engine is free, even got the tranny unbolted pretty fast

Engine comes out, no scratches on the valve cover thanks to mazworx engine hoist brackets!

Its first time out since install 2 yrs ago lol

Beautiful isnt it

heres how i left it, at 6:24pm i went home since it was starting to rain and my dog was outside (sorry for the bad pic, i was in a hurry)

tomorrow i plan on waking up earlier and start to pull ALL the interior
Old 01-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

1/10/12
Summary of last week: It was a busy week, stripped the rest of the car and ordered some stuff. also took the rolling shell down to Omar at nocturnal motorworks in stl.

Heres the car right before leaving for st charles

Omar and deweys shop, outside it looks normal, but the inside...DAMN...amazing cars/engines/parts everywhere, and omars fab work is top notch.

i preordered a set of these because they sold out quickly last time so i want to get mine asap instead of waiting another 4 months:

and i got a mint set of these with only 100 miles on them for $100 shipped...pretty good deal and solid mounts are dope
Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

12/31/11:
today i only worked a couple hours, i got lazy

Seats out, rear panels out, full console out

Dash is Out!

this is how i left it, airbag out as well as blower and heater core, ill get the rest of the shit out tomorrow and maybe the carpet too

I also decided im gonna just go ahead and do a full chasebays engine bay (powersteering kit w/cooler, overflow tank, hidden ss brake lines and clutch line) partly because im doing tubs and need a new overflow tank, my powersteering hoses leak after driving and i need a cooler so it doesnt keep boiling, and the green-tan oem brake and clutch lines look like shit running above my sr :lol:
Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

im picking up the 14 this sunday, so expect an update. please feel free to comment and ask questions, thats what forum are for lol, but no haters please...
Old 01-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Sick thread so far man. I hope you have some big plans for the future!
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What occuptation makes this much for fab work and these parts , and also allows you to still attend high school , not flaming just very curious .

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
What occuptation makes this much for fab work and these parts , and also allows you to still attend high school , not flaming just very curious .
This. I must be doing something wrong. Tell us your secrets.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
This. I must be doing something wrong. Tell us your secrets.
Just posted it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Tuner View Post
I buy local 240sx parts cars and part them out, takes awhile to have a good amount to spend but I've been saving all summer and fall, I don't make alot but if I save I can buy pretty much anything but patience is key. It also helps that I don't pay bills and rent
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

I buy local 240sx parts cars and part them out, takes awhile to have a good amount to spend but I've been saving all summer and fall, I don't make alot but if I save I can buy pretty much anything but patience is key. It also helps that I don't pay bills and rent
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Way to flip your money around dude , I was thinking of doing the same but I don't have space lol , one question is your rear what're still pulled / bondod in that pic of your 240 with the 527s ? I have the same dent but smaller I was considering having it taken to a body shop to get it cut and replaced with straight metal and make it look perfect . I always ponder how I'm gonna fix it

IG - allen.kerose
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Way to flip your money around dude , I was thinking of doing the same but I don't have space lol , one question is your rear what're still pulled / bondod in that pic of your 240 with the 527s ? I have the same dent but smaller I was considering having it taken to a body shop to get it cut and replaced with straight metal and make it look perfect . I always ponder how I'm gonna fix it
Well if it's just a pushed in dent on the qtr jut take off the rear interior panel and deflated ball and a 2x4 behind it and air up the ball, have a buddy watch the dent so he can tell you when to stop. It should pop out the dent, and then if there's left over marks or folds in the metal then a body shop could fix it for way cheaper than if they had to cut and weld a new panel.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Well if it's just a pushed in dent on the qtr jut take off the rear interior panel and deflated ball and a 2x4 behind it and air up the ball, have a buddy watch the dent so he can tell you when to stop. It should pop out the dent, and then if there's left over marks or folds in the metal then a body shop could fix it for way cheaper than if they had to cut and weld a new panel.
It's the space between the door and the wheel well , it looks like it got beat in with a metal bar or some sh** idk what happened last owner was dumb , but right now its bondod but its something I don't want on my car

IG - allen.kerose
Old 01-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
It's the space between the door and the wheel well , it looks like it got beat in with a metal bar or some sh** idk what happened last owner was dumb , but right now its bondod but its something I don't want on my car
Oh ok, well idk what you want to do, you could strip the bondo and cut and weld in a new metal qtr "the right way", or just cut a little and put some over fenders on it. Either way it's up to you.
But imo my body work isn't a deal to me, since I'm always chipping paint and cracking body pieces at the track anyways. But I do understand why you'd want a clean dent free car, but in my situation it's just not gonna last long lol, good luck man
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Oh ok, well idk what you want to do, you could strip the bondo and cut and weld in a new metal qtr "the right way", or just cut a little and put some over fenders on it. Either way it's up to you.
But imo my body work isn't a deal to me, since I'm always chipping paint and cracking body pieces at the track anyways. But I do understand why you'd want a clean dent free car, but in my situation it's just not gonna last long lol, good luck man
Yeah true , i was considering keeping the bondo since your rear quarter looks good , I just need an estimate on how much it'll be to cut and put in a new piece , but keep up the work dude so young but you know so much from tearing down those 240's , can't wait to see what's in store for later

IG - allen.kerose
Old 01-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah. Saw it right after I posted. Nice s14 anyways.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
Yeah. Saw it right after I posted. Nice s14 anyways.
No prob, I didnt mean to be rude, and thanks for the complement!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
wow man that's impressive! good job i wish there were more 240s around my area to make some money off haha
Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbryan View Post
wow man that's impressive! good job i wish there were more 240s around my area to make some money off haha
Thanks man, but parting out stock 240s isn't as easy as it sounds and isn't always a profit, most parts don't sell, hell I have my shop full of random s-chassis parts but all the good stuff already sold so its just random crap.Lol
Old 01-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Paint209
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Paint209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dang pretty hard to believe that your only 16 and have so much already. sooo jearous!
well cool stuff! sounds like a cool project.
Paint209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
JDM king240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JDM king240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Luv the way this is going and my story is similar but I'm still 16
JDM king240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I really don't see how you can get that much by flipping some 240s. Parting one out doesn't yield 10k. Not flaming, just seems...weird
Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Where did you get 10k from...? But anyways I've parted out like 6-7 240s in the past three years, I really haven't made much if you add up the few parts I've bought, coils/wheels/minor other stuff. I've been saving for awhile and my mom says she's paying my university tuition and rooming so I'm using some of my life savings in this build too, but not much. I dont see how many of you don't understand or believe me but this is a build thread not some financial summit... Update coming this weekendz
Old 01-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #24
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
You have easily 10k into the car?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #25
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
You have easily 10k into the car?
Yeah but I've only paid for like 4k of that, when I was selling it the price was like mostly because parents spent on the body repair, interior, and engine swap which added up to more than 10k if your counting my 4k I've put in in the last 1.5 yrs.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Well kudos to you for being able to admit that your parents paid for a lot of it. Most kids would give 0 credit to their parents which is both sad and an insult to them. Car looks good, keep up the good work
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ which mommy bought not him. Nice car none the less.

Damm two fast post I FAIL
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #28
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Your family must be well off to just "buy" you a front clip at the age of 14. And your 16 and have your own shop.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol, it doesn't matter if my parents paid for most stuff in the beginning, I was 13-14 and not very business smart, but I put in the work on the car. Obviously not the body work or the reupholster-ing but everything else I did, I'm not just some kid that had mommy pay some dude to build for me, just wait for the next update I just keep writing the same stuff over and over

And yeah we are doing fine, and when my dad past he left me one of his shops, so I use it...
Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #30
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dewey and Omar are the SHIZZLE. Your car is def in good hands. They do some of the best work in the midwest. Did you see the S15 getting tubs?
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote