Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the 240sx game changed soo much in the past 10 years or so

man.. when i was 18 in 2002 this was my car

I used to go to all the socal240sx meets.. those where the best years.. the community was growing.
maybe because i was young and the scene was soo appealing to look up to the others who had built 240s.

in 2004

then my car when i was 22 in 2006 when i threw on all teh parts I collected over the years of working b4 i got rid of her.

All those guys I looked up to from teh old socal240sx days are gone, they mostly moved on to other cars and projects... and all that was left over was a bunch of cocky forum track whores who look down upon the daily driven street cars.... so I left becuase it got borring.

now I see highschool kids with dropped S13s on coilvers and rims, and 19 year olds with cars built up like how mine was when i 22 that took me years to come up with.. or mommy/daddy sponsership

musta been the increase of popularity and increase in affordible aftermarket parts that changed the game. hahahah

that was my first car... I like to see the community move to a positive light. Would I do it again?? nahh ive had enough i wanna do a Z32 or something.. im not quiet happy with my 190e.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool to see the progression your car has gone through.
And not to be rude but, what's the point of this thread?

I look down on street cars that are used only for meets/hardparking haha.
But that's just my style, I like modifying cars for purpose and still driving them on the street once in awhile.

And yeah I'm 18 but everything on my car is 100% from my paychecks.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
im jus sayin the progression of the scene.. shit when i was 18 stuff wasnt as easily accessible or as cheap.. lol
Old 06-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I miss the socal240sx meets.
Is that Mile Square Park I see?

I think it was my very first meet, I had just gotten my Whiteline T/C rod bushings (already pressed into T/C rods) from PDM Racing, and I couldn't wait to install them, so I took them to the meet and installed them there.

I have a pic of it somewhere around here...
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I remember when you couldnt even get coilovers, turbos nothing. You could get springs and shocks and strut bars. Everything else had to be imported. I paid $90 for a front strut bar back in 99. God Im getting old. Props for still having your first s13.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
he doesn't have it anymore. he figured out he built a car that never gets driven how it should and moved on to a 190e.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I can go back even futher. Back in 1996 when I was 18, all you had were Eibach Sportlines springs that cost $400 and a universal Tenzo exhaust you had to modify. Back when Windshild banners were the shit and Akimoto intakes ruled! What the hell is a sr20det?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
Orly? Yarly.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Orly? Yarly. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Orly? Yarly.
Thats a freakin' cool S12 in that first picture. I'm envious.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
brokenben
Zilvia Addict

brokenben is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brokenben
I can't agree more about the scene... and I'm still looking for the right car to move on to. I'm trying to fix up a 1977 celica now, and parts are super rare. As soon as its running reliably, I'll move away from the 240sx scene permanently.
brokenben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
[QUOTE=HyperTek;1414750]man.. when i was 18 in 2002 this was my car
QUOTE]

owe your taste sucks haha

people used to bash me, but it was a drag car for the most part i didnt give a shit, it hit 11s and i spent about 7k total on the project

well heres a pic of my old s13 from 03

i smoked the supra btw
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I do miss the way the scene used to be. the meets were dope , we all knew each other . Socal240sx was a community and we did stuff together. IN fact I have some very good friends because of it. It is different, and noobs wonder why I rash them for stupid posts and comments? They don't even post intelligent knowledgable debatable stuff worth discussing. At least back in the day when a noob posted they usually already knew about cars and had some knowledge. I am not saying all noobs are completely ignorant these days but quite a few are and its pretty damn sad.
I had a noob call me cranky just because I commented on the fact that the question he was asking was patently obvious and a comparison that was Apples to Oranges. Wow not only ignorant but insolent as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i hate hearing about "the scene". other people who drive the same car as you suck, so you sell yours? it's a car. you can hang out with people who own different cars, and have the same attitude as you. ridiculous.

...all bullshit aside, that's a nice looking car in pic #3
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i hate hearing about "the scene". other people who drive the same car as you suck, so you sell yours? it's a car. you can hang out with people who own different cars, and have the same attitude as you. ridiculous.

ok your post is random and probably directed at a number of us. You fail miserably though by missing the point. I hang with plenty of people that aren't even into cars. Fact is the current crop of fanboys have made something that was good into something that is rather sucky. I still love my car. Unlike your attitude, I happen to drive my car because I like it. I can dislike what has happened to the scene because I know how it used to be. Do you? I don't think so which is way you hate hearing about. Well if you don't care about your car sell it. I am keeping mine. It does not mean I will go or not go to meets. Though I do have a choice to voice my opinions , which I will do. Unless you have been around or really contributed to it you really have no real right to criticize the ones that have contributed and been around a long time. In other words when you have participated you can speak otherwise your voice is lost in the wind.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
I remember back in the day before i had my car, I had older friends who had 240's. So I guess I am a bandwagon jumper... Now they moved on to nice Lexus' and Infiniti's. Also got tired of the s13 ghettoness I guess? I love my car even though it is a POS. 100% fed by my meger paychecks and 100% fix it myself. Junkyard scavenger like my buddies raised me.

I never really paid too much attention to the scene. I guess im lucky i dont live in LA. Mommy/Daddy sponsorship cars would tick me off too if i saw them everyday driven by kids under my age.
spinitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
ok your post is random and probably directed at a number of us. You fail miserably though by missing the point. I hang with plenty of people that aren't even into cars. Fact is the current crop of fanboys have made something that was good into something that is rather sucky. I still love my car. Unlike your attitude, I happen to drive my car because I like it. I can dislike what has happened to the scene because I know how it used to be. Do you? I don't think so which is way you hate hearing about. Well if you don't care about your car sell it. I am keeping mine. It does not mean I will go or not go to meets. Though I do have a choice to voice my opinions , which I will do. Unless you have been around or really contributed to it you really have no real right to criticize the ones that have contributed and been around a long time. In other words when you have participated you can speak otherwise your voice is lost in the wind.

Quoted for truth.

I remember when I was 15-16 in early 2001, I didn't even have a license yet, and a girl who was 2 years older then me came to school in her new car. It was a 91 240 coupe. I was already interested in them, and I got her permission to drive it around the parking lot, look under the hood and such. I told her that one day I would own that car, and she just laughed.

In early 2002 I bought a 90 coupe, and drove it for a short time, and then sold it when I left for the military. In 2004 I was home visiting family on some time off, and saw her in a parking lot. She still owned the 91 coupe. I walked right up to her, she recognized me, and I asked if it was for sale. She said yes, and I bought it right there and drove it to my parents place that night. I didn't start building my first 240 until then, but I was involved, as much as I could be, with the scene before then and made some good friends, helped and watched some awesome cars get built. Most have gone on to other projects, or left the car scene all together. I'm still building my 240 slowly as I can afford it. To me it's more then a car, it's a reminder of, in some ways, better times and the car will always have a little bit of a sentimental meaning to me. I may sound emo right now, but I'm just echoing drift freaq's sentiments, to a lot of people it's not just about the cars.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:

first of all, do me the favor... shut the fuck up.

its not about hanging out with people that have the same cars, or any of that scene bullshit. its about having a car for the reason that its yours, its badassed, and its not "an enigma." in the old days, people didnt give a flying fuck about a 240. the Z is what it was always about. 240 was (and is) a secretary's car.

the reason i told you to shut the fuck up, is because you have no reason to speak. its obvious you werent around back then, or else you'de understand what a lot of us old-schoolers are dealing with nowadays.

we're dealing with fucktards such as yourself, who take everything for granted. all the massive amounts of cool available parts, whether its lighting, wheels (proper offset, lug pattern and width), brake choices, engine, etc... its ALL because of the old-schoolers, who did the time to R&D shit, research, and put time and money into.

SR swap was golden back then, few pulled it off.. and if they did, it wasnt super cherry - it had its kinks. nowadays, there's writeups and faqs for everything, you fuckers have TV shows that probably give walk-throughs as how to do things. serious, its almost as bad as watching american TV to fixup your domestic car.

anyway, i'm done wasting my time with you - you're a dog turd. i leave you all with a few pics.. the FIRST official meet (first two pics).. you'll see sam's bigass head, my bigass head, and i think wayne too. dirty ass yury is in there to...

^ how can we forget the last picture? that was one of the best meets man.. back then, people were COOOOOOL.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #17
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
blahblahblah you guys owe us something

And I'm sure those few that modified their 240's back in 1995 think you're a bunch of scrubs too. Who the fucccck cares. All you "OG's" do is whine, and have this elitist-owe me something attitude, and you're doing NOTHING but contributing to the very things you are complaining about.

You want to make the community better? Make it better then. There's so much stupid attitude floating around on here it's insane.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
blah blah, shut up, you're a noob, hey look i went to some meet
liek omg, you went to a meet. here's one i organized a few years ago.

omg, a meet in the midwest! whoop dee fucking doo, oh how i miss the good ol' days.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
liek omg, you went to a meet. here's one i organized a few years ago.

omg, a meet in the midwest! whoop dee fucking doo, oh how i miss the good ol' days.
^ gee billy bob, whatcha got over dere... one of dem two fourtees!?!? hot dayamn.. thats one helluva peppy car if i might say.

hey bud, no one gives a fuck about your post.

people only care about one thing, my post. why? because that wasnt a meet organized on a forum.

that was before forums, fucktard. these were the days of the AMAROK mailing list, shit you dont know about.

nowadays, you search "300zx brakes" and find answers. back then, you POST an email at night, the next day you have 954 emails to sort through.

fucking kids man.... i swear, taking shit for granted. i should bash your fuckin skull in with my dick so you know where i come from.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #20
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
endless amounts of STUPID
You are exactly what is wrong with this community.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
BustedS13
Post Whore!

i'm not even going to respond to either of those short stories.

end statement: this thread is what's wrong with "the scene". pussies whining about how things used to be, and bitching because the car they drive has become popular. the 240sx might as well be an emo band.

if you can't enjoy a car regardless of WHO ELSE enjoys the same car, you aren't doing it because you love the car. you're doing it because you're a fucking poser, and you're whining because your posermobile doesn't stand out as much anymore.

i've had my 240 since 2001. drifting was getting big then, but it has since blown up. i welcome the mtv television shows, the magazines, the forums, the games, the translated anime. the net result is more totaled 240's in the junkyard for me to pick off of.

grow up.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #22
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
i'm not even going to respond to either of those short stories.

end statement: this thread is what's wrong with "the scene". pussies whining about how things used to be, and bitching because the car they drive has become popular. the 240sx might as well be an emo band.

if you can't enjoy a car regardless of WHO ELSE enjoys the same car, you aren't doing it because you love the car. you're doing it because you're a fucking poser, and you're whining because your posermobile doesn't stand out as much anymore.

i've had my 240 since 2001. drifting was getting big then, but it has since blown up. i welcome the mtv television shows, the magazines, the forums, the games, the translated anime. the net result is more totaled 240's in the junkyard for me to pick off of.

grow up.
unless you're completely antisocial, the community that forms around a car matters. otherwise, we wouldn't have forums.

240sx owners have degraded. there are alot of thieves and scammers now. there are alot of unhelpful elitests as well. there's just alot of disrespect in general.

that doesn't mean you don't enjoy the car. but it can mean you don't like the new attention your car attracts, or the type of people you are now exposed to.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #23
alexkosheck
BANNED

alexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
unless you're completely antisocial, the community that forms around a car matters. otherwise, we wouldn't have forums.

240sx owners have degraded. there are alot of thieves and scammers now. there are alot of unhelpful elitests as well. there's just alot of disrespect in general.

that doesn't mean you don't enjoy the car. but it can mean you don't like the new attention your car attracts, or the type of people you are now exposed to.
I'm new to the game, and I feel that way.
Of course I'm a n00b, what do I know?
alexkosheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #24
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
The enthusiast base for the 240 has changed over the last few years.
I don't really go to meets or anything anymore, just because I'd rather do other things with my night, and they don't hold the same excitement for me as they did when I first got my first 240.

Here's a pic from Detroit in 2003.
Think about how many things in this pic would be considered wrong today, but were fine back then (keep in mind the midwest lagged a couple years behind SoCal). (I'm the one on the left if you were wondering.)

Sileighty. Springs, not coilovers. Japanese license plate. "JDM poses". bad offset, monster truck ride height. Totally stock suspension with an SR20.
But it was a lot more fun back then.

I still like 240's but one of the main draws they had on me back then were that they were unique, and no one had them. (See my sig) Mine was the only SR swap in Detroit at the time as far as I know. At the huge tuner car meet every friday night, I had the only S13.
I had people coming up and asking what it was all the time.
There are always going to be innovators and bandwagen jumpers no matter what you are into.

It's the reason you saw so many o.g. people move on from 240's.
If it weren't such a good drift platform, I would have by now too.
There are always going to be people who wish to stand out and those who wish to fit in. Of course the extroverts are going to continue to want to stand out, so you see them selling their 240s and buying something new and exciting and starting all over again.

Back then the 240 enthusiasts were much closer knit and friendly. There were a higher concentration of older guys who had been into them, and willing to share knowledge.
But many of these guys have left, and there are many more 240's in the hands of thuggish rubbish trying to look hard while driving their farting slammed S13's with black steelies.
These are the guys who if you try to talk to or give a wave to on the freeway, they just stare you down. So there's not the friendly atmosphere there once was. They are also responsible for police stereotyping 240 owners as street racers which leads to further animosity.
So it really shouldn't surprise anyone that the "scene" (I hate that word) has changed.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #25
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
i rember going to the local rice shop in about 99-2000 and seeing what they had for the car, they could get sprint lowering springs they had to order thats it.

but to me the people that love the sport will stay and the kids will leave when its not cool anymore, if you cant tell its allready dieing down a lil
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #26
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Think about how many things in this pic would be considered wrong today
Sileighty. Springs, not coilovers. Japanese license plate. "JDM poses". bad offset, monster truck ride height. Totally stock suspension with an SR20.
But it was a lot more fun back then.
i like how you can do things to a car that are considered "wrong", because they're not fashionable trends anymore.

i'm working on a sileighty that'll be sitting on springs, and, *gasp*, it's going to have a stock rebuilt ka24de in it! and... oh my god, it's going to have a bottle of NAAWWWZZZ in the trunk! that is so fast and the furious ONE!

it is a car. it is YOUR car. IT IS NOT A FASHION ACCESSORY.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #27
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post

it's turned into the honda circles i know...

I mean nothing against honda owners but because of the cheap nature their scene became they were more susceptible and in like 04 I would say after the 2nd or 3rd US D1 I think the majority of honda owners (especially west coast) starting to halt the shit talking and seriously consider selling their cars, and dumping their drag slicks they carry everywhere with them for illegal runs. I mean im not trying to be a dick or claim "oh i was here before the bandwagon" because even in 2002 it was the beginning of the bandwagon, but a lot of the shiftiness of the honda low balling and bullshit scams and drama has kind of seeped over, although alot LESS so than I would have guessed

their> or thier haha

i before e except after T aaaaaar g
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #28
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
^^^Never once did I say that I didn't enjoy my car or that I hate the fact that it is now a popular car. I would RATHER it wasn't, but that's just because I like doing things different, but I have no problem enjoying my car, and the fact that it's sought after and that drifting has become so popular. Things are just different now... I never said they changed for the worst.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #29
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
hahha picture from the old ass socal meet at mile square.

thats funny.

i was there.

steve was there

kevin

dave

thats all i knnow from this thread

hey Steve, rember when I first met you and you took me for a ride in your car down the street in Long Beach.... Woodruff by the 405. yea.

i thought... holy shit this thing is so fast... and smells like gas
Old 06-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #30
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

hey Steve, rember when I first met you and you took me for a ride in your car down the street in Long Beach.... Woodruff by the 405. yea.

i thought... holy shit this thing is so fast... and smells like gas
haha oh shit man thats amazing

i shortly lost my mind after that, sorry for bringing you into all that hahaha.

fucking awesome