Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
2011-2012 NFL Season

It's time to discuss the CBA, the Draft and the league as a whole.

We've got roughly 3.5 weeks before the current CBA runs out. I never really liked Goodell but the NFLPA guy Maurice Stovall seems like an Ignorant asshole.

Will there even BE an NFL season next year? Will Rex Ryan lose another 40lbs? Will the Niners make the playoffs? Can Geico really save me 15% or more in 15 minutes?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
I dont know, but my chargers fucked up last year. every player they let go, had a chance to get a ring. im hoping for more consistency, but ive been hoping for that since the days of ryan leaf and doug flutie..so ya hasnt been answered yet!!! ill just have to wait and see how the year will play out.

any bets? i wanna say the raider over charger win streak ends this year, i really dont see raiders winning another game on us, but thats just my opinion.....

draft wise i really think we need to beef up our team in general because gates aint always gonna be there for us every single time, teams will learn to shut him down, its already been done. forget the offense wins games/defense wins games mentally a win is a win.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
I dont know, but my chargers fucked up last year. every player they let go, had a chance to get a ring. im hoping for more consistency, but ive been hoping for that since the days of ryan leaf and doug flutie..so ya hasnt been answered yet!!! ill just have to wait and see how the year will play out.
Other than the Niners, my favorite team is the Chargers, so I feel your pain.

The problem with the Charger's isn't their playing ability. It's the unmeasurables.
Their front office created a divide in the team and put a chink in their morale with the way they dealt with McNeil and Vincent Jackson.

I think that if McNeil and VJ were dealt with more quickly and appropriately that the Chargers as a whole would have been able to play MUCH more consistently.

(This is completely overlooking the fact that they had 4 blocked FG's/Punts. 5 if you count the 1 yard blocked punt in game 7 or whatever it was.)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Will there even BE an NFL season next year? I effin hope so
Rex Ryan lose another 40lbs?
Will the Niners make the playoffs?
Can Geico really save me 15% or more in 15 minutes?
I hope they can work everything out and start the season on time.
Nah, Rex will probably gain weight
I'd actually like to see the niners make the playoffs
Never dealt with Geico, but 15% in 15 minutes doesn't sound bad at all

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
God I hope they figure this shit all out. If they don't have a season next year it would be a shame.

So who thinks that the Packers are the next dynasty. I mean we are the second youngest team in the league and we will more then likely keep the team together for a while. Plus, we will have Finley back next year as well as Grant which then hopefully Starks and Grant can be an awesome 1-2 punch in the back field opening things up for Rogders even more. Our team just has so much talent. Hell, even against the best defense in the league we com out on top and we didn't even play that well. I'm hoping to be more consistent next year.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
God I hope they figure this shit all out. If they don't have a season next year it would be a shame.

So who thinks that the Packers are the next dynasty. I mean we are the second youngest team in the league and we will more then likely keep the team together for a while. Plus, we will have Finley back next year as well as Grant which then hopefully Starks and Grant can be an awesome 1-2 punch in the back field opening things up for Rogders even more. Our team just has so much talent. Hell, even against the best defense in the league we com out on top and we didn't even play that well. I'm hoping to be more consistent next year.
I think they've got great potential to become a dynasty for this decade. At the very least they are going to be extremely dangerous playoff opponents for many years to come, provided they're able to stay healthy.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I have to believe that this year was a fluke. I mean most teams don't suffer the amount of injuries we did in two seasons.

But what really is amazing is the depth. That we had guys to back'em up and they were able to play at a Super Bowl level.

Obviously I'm still hyped up and in my mind right now we can't lose. lol.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
2011-2012 NFL Season Thread

Well, since the Lockout is apparently over and teams are cutting/signing players with reckless abandon in short preparation for the forthcoming season, why not strike up the 2011-2012 NFL season thread?
Don’t expect a terrible drowning of input in this thread from me, I am only enough of a fan to watch the games, and my favorite team happens to SUCK.
That said, I don’t spend much time analyzing it as some of you may, but this thread should exist if we have an NBA thread in the middle of a lockout, then we can have an NFL one just at the end of one.
and with that…
discuss!

And I write too!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Hey Phlip, can you combine threads?

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/3...fl-season.html
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I hate the NFL with a passion, all it is, is a bunch of overpaid bitchy athletes, and greedy as shit owners! I also think it is ridiculous that these lazy asses cant play another game in the season, but i guess its very strenuous to run hard for 15 seconds then stand for 2 minutes.

But I cant wait for September 3rd though! College ball is where its at!
Go Hokies! Go Ducks!

*steps off soapbox*
Old 07-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
You mean run for 3-5 seconds then get hit by a fucking bus. There is always a risk for serious injury. Besides, it's the fans faults that they get paid so much.... we are the ones that pay the high ticket prices. If you want to talk about overpaid and easy on the body... MLB!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ooooo my hatred for baseball!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwhite1989 View Post
ooooo my hatred for baseball!!!!!!
Hahahaha!!!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
A lot of awesome developments in the Charger camp.

Trimming the fat and adding big names for once.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
Daniel.
Post Whore!

At least Takeo Spikes went to my second favorite team.

It looks like Vincent Jackson is getting Franchised for 11million/1 year?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
At least Takeo Spikes went to my second favorite team.

It looks like Vincent Jackson is getting Franchised for 11million/1 year?
That seems to be what's going to happen, but with how much our cap we have left to spend I wouldn't be surprised if we locked him long term and saved ourselves a little bit of money and get some security at the #1 WR.

The defense is shaping up to be scary up the middle as well since Eric Weddle just resigned this morning. Going to have Antonio Garay, Corey Liuget, Takeo Spikes, (hopefully)Kevin Burnett, Weddle, and Bob Sanders. Try running directly into that.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
That seems to be what's going to happen, but with how much our cap we have left to spend I wouldn't be surprised if we locked him long term and saved ourselves a little bit of money and get some security at the #1 WR.

The defense is shaping up to be scary up the middle as well since Eric Weddle just resigned this morning. Going to have Antonio Garay, Corey Liuget, Takeo Spikes, (hopefully)Kevin Burnett, Weddle, and Bob Sanders. Try running directly into that.
40 FUCKING Mill for weddle. Wow. Just Wow.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #18
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Here is to wishing on a star that my Fins make some moves. I dont like Kyle Orton much but I like him alot more than Henne.

Lets go fins!
According to FoxSports/MSN this morning, they’re making a play for Reggie Bush, contingent upon him signing a different deal with them.
Granted, he hasn’t been as great as we were promised over the course of his career, but who knows what might happen

And I write too!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
40 FUCKING Mill for weddle. Wow. Just Wow.
It's not ideal but it needed to happen. The FA market is slim pickens and 8 teams were driving for him and 3 teams were very serious, even offering him more money than the Chargers did. I'm fine with the overspending though because it keeps a good solid player, and keeps secondary continuity. We should have a little bit more pass rush this year, and with Bo Sanders on the other side of him some more room to make plays and not coach the secondary mid-game.

Next year more big name safeties contracts will be up and the 40 mil will easily be overshadowed.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #20
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Yes, it's going to be a beastly middle defense for sure. Man I'm almost about to give up on my NIners. They should somehow just try and steal Patrick Willis while they're at it.

Anyone else remember how Spikes and Willis defended the middle while both wearing casts last December?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #21
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here is to wishing on a star that my Fins make some moves. I dont like Kyle Orton much but I like him alot more than Henne.

Lets go fins!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #22
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
McNabb is now a Viking...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
McNabb is now a Viking...
Amongst a million other changes yesterday.

I can't believe the first preseason game is less than two weeks away.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #24
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
You mean run for 3-5 seconds then get hit by a fucking bus. There is always a risk for serious injury. Besides, it's the fans faults that they get paid so much.... we are the ones that pay the high ticket prices. If you want to talk about overpaid and easy on the body... MLB!
Werd-the-fuck-up.

Quote:
Amongst a million other changes yesterday.

I can't believe the first preseason game is less than two weeks away.
We so excited!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #25
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
is it true that reggie bush is going to the miami dolphins? :[
can anyone confirm this.

mark ingram better deliver..i know bush was always hurt but he was still one of my favorite players to watch.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #26
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dude... both Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the pats? Where the hell are the pats getting their money?!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
Daniel.
Post Whore!

They're probably swindling it from other teams.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #28
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
with all these moves....fantasy should be interesting this year.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
LA moves one step closer to having a football team back...
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I've been so busy I haven't even seen what the Pack has been up to other then signing a $11 mil deal with our Mason Crosby.