Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Carbon Monoxide Death. lol.

9 friends die in Vietnam at New Year party

HANOI, Vietnam -- Vietnamese police say nine friends died during a lunar New Year party after they started a car parked inside a house to play music following an electricity outage.

Police in Hai Phong said Monday that seven men and two women, all in their 20s, died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning early Sunday.

A police officer says the car was started after the power went out. Its headlights and stereo were turned on inside the 20-square-meter (215-square-foot) house, which had all windows and doors closed. The officer identified himself only as Le because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

Pham Van Thuc, 27, owned the house, and he and his fiance were among the dead. Le says the man's father discovered the bodies Sunday afternoon.

Seriously????? Even though people died, I couldn't help but lol. Should be on one thousand ways to die with the Samurai Death Squad.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
WTF... is something wrong with you? That shit is not funny.

Lots of ppl were never educated about stuff like carbon monoxide poisoning. An accident like this is not at all like those retarded Drifting Samurai Jousting morons...

I think a bunch of Haitian kids died this past month at a party in Florida due to carbon monoxide poisoning too.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
On a side note, I hate playing Hanoi on black-ops, so many fucking campers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
On a side note, I hate playing Hanoi on black-ops, so many fucking campers.
This.________

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
WTF... is something wrong with you? That shit is not funny.
Seriously, and I enjoy morbid humor. People have died of carbon monoxide poising sleeping in their cars even though the car's engine is turned off!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah bro people dying is so funny
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yeah its really not funny, maybe you should now realize that you should be fortunate for your education. Not everyone knows about carbon monoxide, you cant see it or smell it. Sure it sounds dumb to us to have cars on in a unventilated room but they didnt and now they payed the ultimate price and you think its funny? What if it happened to your baby brother or son that wasnt educated about it? Still funny?
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs13 View Post
Not everyone knows about carbon monoxide, you cant see it or smell it.
Everyone who operates a motor vehicle would know about carbon monoxide if they read the owner's manual located in the glove box.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
J3123MY
BANNED

J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
lol....i guess something is wrong with me than.

cars have been around for a while now, and 9 people not knowing....
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I found it somewhat amusing, Darwin awards time.

Post it on Reddit or 4chan, those people aren't such babies about shit that happens.

I mean really, ya gotta chuckle a bit.
Kinda like the guy that strapped the missle to his car here in the states and hit the cliff face.
Everyone laughs, but you could be a pussy and go, oh, he never had the money and opertunity to have a aeronautics degree, so its not funny.

But it totally is, lol.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
I found it somewhat amusing, Darwin awards time.

Post it on Reddit or 4chan, those people aren't such babies about shit that happens.

I mean really, ya gotta chuckle a bit.
Kinda like the guy that strapped the missle to his car here in the states and hit the cliff face.
Everyone laughs, but you could be a pussy and go, oh, he never had the money and opertunity to have a aeronautics degree, so its not funny.

But it totally is, lol.
I'm not gonna lie, I got a kick out of this

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

But it totally is, lol.
Except that one didn't happen
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Couldn't have said it better with the "Darwin Awards"... It may not be of good humor, but it is indeed "funny". Stupidity shouldn't be rewarded, and as a consequence, should be punished. According to the story, the jury has spoken.
Pure_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i laughed. don't they watch 1000 ways to die?
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
This is obviously some kind of ad campaign for 1000 ways to die.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this isn't 'lol' funny. maybe amusing. maybe. more like interesting. probably.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Your seriously laughing about this? Whats wrong with you?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #18
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
Yes, and how much time do you have?
Pure_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
Here's the thing, people die everyday, many of them for their own stupidity, now if they had a terminal illness or something they couldnt control thats one thing, but these morons brought a car inside of a house to party. do you really want people like that to continue to breed? I agree with the darwin awards, stupidity is not something that should be rewarded, if I died because of a stupid thing I did, I certainly wouldn't expect you to feel bad for me. Some of you have a bunch of bleeding hearts around here, people die, move on with life.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Lol Samurai Death Squad.
Anyways, how the fuck did they get the car in the house?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
actually now that i read this a little more how the hell did they get a car in their house?

also did they like just not turn it off or what?
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
how the hell did they get a car in their house?

also did they like just not turn it off or what?
I'm guessing they had no house stereo for the party, so they backed the car into the garage to pump the car audio and left the door leading to the garage open and the engine running so as not to drain the battery... Thats my guess...

Now in retrospect, I totally see the humor in ppl dying for shit they just didn't know... Totally their fault. I'm sure the meant to kill themselves for the lolz...

Man, I'm glad this is the internet. I'm sure I'd really hate to meet ppl like some of you guys IRL.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #23
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I'm guessing they had no house stereo for the party, so they backed the car into the garage to pump the car audio and left the door leading to the garage open and the engine running so as not to drain the battery... Thats my guess...

Now in retrospect, I totally see the humor in ppl dying for shit they just didn't know... Totally their fault. I'm sure the meant to kill themselves for the lolz...

Man, I'm glad this is the internet. I'm sure I'd really hate to meet ppl like some of you guys IRL.
If the power went out where I live I'm sure the first thing I'd be thinking about is partying... Who are you to say they didn't know? Were you there? Maybe

they were drunk off their asses and didn't remember? Most of you are insisting that they're some uneducated cave men type of people that don't know anything or

were nevertaught their ass from their elbows.The article says they were partying, which more often than not involves drinking. It's a well known fact that people

make stupid decisions when they've been drinking, as much as it sucks to say, they more than likely did exactly that. I'm not going to cry over someone I don't

know, and if you die because of your own stupidity, well thats on you, I still find it funny that they brought a car inside to party maybe not so much that they died

from it but still I can't help but ask "Were they even thinking?" Or "Were they too drunk to remember common sense?" But I don't know that answer so I'm not going

to say that it is in fact the final answer

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #24
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
so, im not gonna comment on whether its humorous or not, but i do have a question...i know nothing of carbon monoxide except for the fact that its deadly and kills silently (duh). however, the article said that nine died at the party...

so what happened? when CO was present, after a certain amount of ppm in the atmosphere, they all just dropped dead at exactly the same point in time? if not, didnt they notice another person collapsing or fainting and react?

or is it when your CO poisoned, youre just rendered helpless? is the reaction/poisoning universal to every bodys tolerance? they all just dropped dead at the same time? like i said, i know nothing about it past the fact that its bad, anyone care to enlighten me or speculate on what may have taken place that night?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #25
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
so, im not gonna comment on whether its humorous or not, but i do have a question...i know nothing of carbon monoxide except for the fact that its deadly and kills silently (duh). however, the article said that nine died at the party...

so what happened? when CO was present, after a certain amount of ppm in the atmosphere, they all just dropped dead at exactly the same point in time? if not, didnt they notice another person collapsing or fainting and react?

or is it when your CO poisoned, youre just rendered helpless? is the reaction/poisoning universal to every bodys tolerance? they all just dropped dead at the same time? like i said, i know nothing about it past the fact that its bad, anyone care to enlighten me or speculate on what may have taken place that night?

I believe (I may be wrong), it makes you sleepy...and you don't wake up. It is/was a pretty common way to commit suicide. run your car in the garage with the door closed or run a garden hose from your tailpipe in through a cracked window...lean your seat back and relax.

Now, with the power outage, light was probably insufficient and they were probably drinking and/or "smoking" and probably just thought people were passing out from that...if they even noticed in the poor lighting.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #26
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i actually lol'd at the lol part in the title! but in seriousness, may they R.I.P
nikkisixx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #27
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I think that, whilst partying hard, they eventually passed out one by one. Each person likely chucked it as "bitch can't handle their drinky drank!" and just KTFO.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #28
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
I feel bad for the father who had discover the bodies of his son and his friends.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #29
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
You all need to lighten up.

Because I do not need to be educated on what would happen if I put my head in a microwave, or took a nap in the oven.

If they own a car, but don't know that breathing in exhaust fumes is a bad idea, maybe they shouldn't own a car. Cause in the end it looks like the car owned them.

Sucks that people died, but I always laugh when stupid things cause people to die.
Anyways, I am hungry so I am going to go take my camping propane powered stove and go cook dinner in my tent.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #30
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Anyways, I am hungry so I am going to go take my camping propane powered stove and go cook dinner in my tent.
I lol'ed at this ^. seriously those nine because they thought they had a good idea, it obviously wasn't, so they died. the planet has an over abundance of people as is (over 7 billion). get over it/ relax, people die all the time. at least this instance was good for a chuckle.