Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
SingerS14

Trader Rating: (0)
SingerS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Service Engine Soon light

I have a 1997 240sx se and the service engine soon light is on, I took it to a shop and they told me it was the intake air temperature sensor so I replaced that however the light is still on, if anyone could tell me how to clear the light or any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.
SingerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
bad dog
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bad dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you could try resetting the ecm , take off the passenger side kick panel and you will see the ecm , take off the mounting bolts and look at the ecm and you will see the adjustment screw . below is the procedure , it has worked for me when my cel comes on sometimes. i would add i did put on a ultragauge obd2 monitor , it will read all codes and pending codes , also cel can be cleared . they sell for about $75 , tells you everything the ecm will see . best money i have ever spent .

Step 1. turn your ignition on but do not start the engine.
Step 2. turn the screw on the side of the ecu to diagnostic mode(all the way clockwise)
and wait for 2 seconds
Step 3. turn the screw back fully counter clockwise, wait 30 seconds
Step 4. Turn the screw fully clockwise again and wait 5 seconds
Step 5. turn screw back fully counter clockwise wait 3 seconds and start your engine, let it run for at least 15 seconds
Step 6. turn your car off and wait 10 seconds then repeat steps 1 and 2 after step 2 is repeated look inside your ecu's diagnostic window and watch the red led, it should flash code 55, five long flashes and five short flashes ( _ _ _ _ _ -----) this is your all clear code and you should be good to go or your money back
bad dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Go to an auto parts store, ask them to scan it for you (should be free, afterall this is how they sell parts). Get code or problem, head back to internet for details and advice.