Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
chazten

Trader Rating: (0)
chazten is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no injector pulse no spark, eccs relay or ecu?

Hey guys, I got some wiring questions for you, my blacktop sr20 won't start up, it's been having problems ever since I fried the ecu by leaving a light on all night. When I woke up to start it it would just crank and crank never turn over, so I had a friend check it out and a small connection had fried and it was a connection right before pin #4 (black/red wire) which happens to be the eccs relay input power iirc. So we jumped the gap caused by the short with some wire and she started up. But now that it started, pulling the key out wasn't enough to turn it off. I had to manually stall it to shut it off.

I thought this was funny but I ignored it because of the excitement of the car starting again. Later in the day I was driving it and it blew a fusible link. We replaced the link and it would crank but not turn over. So I figured when the fusible link blew it took something along with it. No big deal so there was no injector pulse and no power to the coils so I started with an ignitor chip off ebay. It didn't work, so then I check pin 38 (black/white) wire which I'm pretty sure sure is the return power from the eccs relay to the ecu to power it. It's getting power so the eccs must not be fried right? So now I'm leaning towards the ecu being toast even though I don't see new burn scars anywhere.

It is an e5 ecu by the way so don't ask me to check for codes
Please help out guys!! Any info regarding eccs relays, egr relays, ecu malfunction or wiring is greatly appreciated
-chazten
chazten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links