Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S13 Coupe Revival - SR20DE Seat Time Car

Ever since selling my coupe I've wanted another S-Chassis, an opportunity came up and I jumped on it. This car has been sitting for years half torn apart and completely neglected, while its not clean its the perfect candidate for a low budget seat time car.

This 90 S13 coupe has a restores salvage title which usually I would stay away from, but for learning and thrashing its perfect. Years ago I helped a friend rip the KA24E out of it in preparation for an SR20DET swap. Unfortunately that ended up never happening due to a local shop closing and the owner sealing the engine. I stored the car for a few years until another friend took up interest and I helped swap an SR20DE into it. Car never ran right even after re-sealing everything and ensuring wiring was correct, so it sat for another year or so...

Fast forward to a few months ago I bought the car and decided I'd use it as a seat time turd to see if I really want to get into drifting. I've never built a car specifically for drifting, so I decided to keep it simple and make sure it wasn't going to fall apart under me. Ended up getting out of hand really quickly... Ended up replacing every suspension arm, bushing, ball joint, S14/Z32 5 lug swap, working Z32 e-brake, R33 calipers and throwing a Z32 VLSD with matching 180sx 5 bolt axles in it. Car has way too much good stuff on it for its own good at this point

With the car mostly sorted I slapped a set of 17x8/17x9 Equip Voggards on it and was really happy with the outcome.

Black Friday rolled around and I decided to pickup a few more bits. The eBay coils were not cutting it, car drove like a complete pile of shit and bounced all over the road. I've ran Powertrix coilovers on all of my Z32's and love them, saw their R/T coils were on sale and decided to snag a set for this. Super happy I did, they go lower and ride like a dream. Still need to get the fronts on, but they need some modification to fit with S14 knuckles.

Interior of the car vanished long ago, this doesn't really bother me other than the bare doors. I saw Street Faction's new V2 door cards and decided to order a pair. Their fit and finish is fantastic, really cleans up the interior. Also threw an old Tomei Racing steering wheel/Works Bell hub in to get rid of the disgusting OE wheel. Last thing I wanted was an oil pressure gauge for peace of mind, found a clean OMORI gauge and popped it in. Little bit of cleaning and the interior looks presentable and feels significantly more comfortable.

With the car running and driving I wanted to give it a bit more style. The Voggards are sign, but the rears being a 17x9 +35 equals battle ship sunk fitment. I picked up a full set of original 17x8 +4 Equip 05's, they don't clear brakes for shit, but I decided to refinish a pair for the rear. Some powercoating and polishing goes a long way

Today I finally got it all back together and rolled it out of the garage. Super happy with the overall outcome and beyond excited to slide it around at our next drift event.

Once the event is wrapped up this month I'll be addressing a few more things to get the car where I want it and hopefully it will end up being a super fun and reliable beater!