Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
The Global Warming Thread

searched and didnt find anything similar..mods know what to do

anyways once again this topic was brought up in my global studies class today, blah blah blah climate control, earths temperature and what not..so i decided to do some research and found this Growing low-oxygen zones in oceans worry scientists - Yahoo! News

sure yahoo cant be considered reliable, but when i looked it up through the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration the info was confirmed..plenty of info
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

so discuss, give your opinions...real, not real, solutions, causes, effects etc etc

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it's warming, but the question is what's causing it? The GW cultist believe it's cuz we're burning dead dinosaur juice.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
it's warming, but the question is what's causing it? The GW cultist believe it's cuz we're burning dead dinosaur juice.
Actually, the data suggests that ever since 1998 the earth has been cooling.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Didn't yokota just mention getting snow in tokyo for the first time in 4 years?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Exactly. Everythings all fucked up.

We are changing the shit out of the weather patterns.

We are already fucked.
And then with people talking about how its cold and that means its not happening,.........we are screwed.

If it was cooling, we wouldn't be loosing both polar icecaps at an alarming rate.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
1_Bad_Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1_Bad_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i hate to be thinking about shit like this, but the globe is warming up. every year, it just gets hotter, and believe me, we in Arizona can feel it!
1_Bad_Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
same everywhere.
Weather is extreme as fuck.
Really hot summers and cold winters.

Ask anyone in WA state.
Its been an "indian summer" for the last 12 years, lol
(means a really nice and hot summer)
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
not from what I saw, but the changes are miniscule in the first place. We're talking like a .6 degree increase.

Just the earth going thru it's cycle like it's been doing for millions of years. It's just a wealth distribution scheme.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
As I remember it, the cooling trend is more of a "not warming up as much as we would expect it to" trend. And that has been answered by how much water vapor is in the upper atmosphere. This is just what I remember from hearing or reading in passing.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
As I remember it, the cooling trend is more of a "not warming up as much as we would expect it to" trend. And that has been answered by how much water vapor is in the upper atmosphere. This is just what I remember from hearing or reading in passing.
Nope. Its actually cooling. Even more so in the last 12 months.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Global warming is the biggest pile of stinky bullshit ever. Global warming/cooling is a NATURAL process. If you look throughout the history of the earth the "global warming" that we are currently experiencing is pretty mild comparatively speaking. Sure we can accelerate the process a little, but we CANNOT either cause or stop it. Now, that doesn't mean that we should ignore doing what we can (within reason) to minimize our impact. It's just NOT the big issue that the environmentalist asshats would have us believe.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #12
240GTS

240GTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Nope. Its actually cooling. Even more so in the last 12 months.
Its possible that it cause sun spots are now fewer on the sun. Its just a theory and I'm not a expert on it but from what I've read that amount of them are decreasing.

Just a thought.
240GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #13
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLite Racing View Post
Didn't yokota just mention getting snow in tokyo for the first time in 4 years?
uuuggghhhh no theres zero truth to that.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
it called climate change not global warming,
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Here in the valley he have had warmer shorter winters(score for agriculture) with long a long spring and MUCH cooler summers.

I think I will stick with the cosmologists who have been saying for YEARS that the sun is warming up and the incidence of sun spots is increasing.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
Siphter
Leaky Injector

Siphter is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not a believer in the fact that were are impacting any type of change in the climate, it's a natural occurring phenomena that happens every few [insert number followed by K, depending on scientist(s) followed] although it certainly isn't warming much considering a small amount of scientists that actually head out to the poles have seen a growing amount of ice not less, but considering the vast majority of the 6.5 billion people on earth are not scientists and will not be leaving to the poles we will believe the WWF when they show a polar bear on a tiny shard of ice as they ask for your money, or a government official cry foul when you don't add energy saving lights or that your state does not have smog laws... It's just a way to break free of oil.

if you really want to cool the earth you will have to somehow cut out water vapor, nitrous oxide, methane and any other naturally occurring green house gases, considering "man made" green house gases are roughly 0.29% effecting the earth today... give or take 0.1%
Siphter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #17
errolorion
Leaky Injector

errolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choices
I'm not worried at all. As long as I have a fridge full of beer and blonde head to stick my dong into im solid no matter what the temperature is.
errolorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
WOW

That's not vulgar at all.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
WOW

That's not vulgar at all.
Those are words to live by sir! not vulgarity.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #20
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hahahah! I dont agree with the climate change, because over the course of the time (not saying recent) the earth goes through cooling and warming, I dont believe the government hype, but I do believe we need to take care of are planet.
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #21
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Global warming is the biggest pile of stinky bullshit ever. Global warming/cooling is a NATURAL process. If you look throughout the history of the earth the "global warming" that we are currently experiencing is pretty mild comparatively speaking. Sure we can accelerate the process a little, but we CANNOT either cause or stop it. Now, that doesn't mean that we should ignore doing what we can (within reason) to minimize our impact. It's just NOT the big issue that the environmentalist asshats would have us believe.
Usually disagree with you, but here I DO agree with you strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Here in the valley he have had warmer shorter winters(score for agriculture) with long a long spring and MUCH cooler summers.

I think I will stick with the cosmologists who have been saying for YEARS that the sun is warming up and the incidence of sun spots is increasing.

yes, but no one ever wants to talk about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
hahahah! I dont agree with the climate change, because over the course of the time (not saying recent) the earth goes through cooling and warming, I dont believe the government hype, but I do believe we need to take care of are planet.
yep

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote