Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X-Men: Days of Future Past

I know we have a Marvel thread going, but this movie really deserves it's own discussion.

Holy shit, this movie was great. First Class was my favorite X movie, but this one I thought was even better. The best part is it wipes the slate clean of all shitty things from all the previous X-Men related movies including Wolverine Origins. With time travel movies there is a lot of room for error but they fucking nailed it. Super well done. Oh and the Sentinels in the future are no joke. It's cool because the events in the movie HAVE to take place because the Sentinels are so brutal. One thing that the trailers don't prepare you for is this is pretty much a Wolverine movie with Professor X, Magneto, and Beast as co-stars. And last but not least QUICKSILVER IS THE BADDEST MF in the movie. Can't wait to see more of him.

I don't want to ruin the ending or plot but the clip at the end of the credit gets you very excited. The whole series is going towards the Avengers approach and they set things up for X-Force for the future since we know Apocalypse is the next villain.

9/10 (only reason it doesn't get a perfect score is because there was probably 15-20 min that could have been cut out)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The best part is it wipes the slate clean of all shitty things from all the previous X-Men related movies including Wolverine Origins. With time travel movies there is a lot of room for error but they fucking nailed it. Super well done.
OMG. So glad to hear this. Can't wait to see it now. Maybe now, the franchise will be able to truely rival the Avengers since they won't be joining them.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I seen the movie, bu I didn't see the clip after the credits!!!!

WTF! What happened in the clip?
LMK
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You can find the last clip on youtube. I think its still up
Old 05-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
I seen the movie, bu I didn't see the clip after the credits!!!!

WTF! What happened in the clip?
LMK
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
You can find the last clip on youtube. I think its still up
Yeah google it.

But Spoiler ALERT:
APOCALYPSE
Old 05-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
En Saba Nur! Mr. I-am-as-far-beyond-mutants-as-they-are-beyond-you!!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have been leery after 'The Last Stand' and the Wolverine movie being so shitty.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I found the movie to be entertaining and better than the older xmen (First class excluded). My grip is that it basically is another wolverine movie. Wish they had more action in the future, not just quick snippets. Still give it a solid 7. Post credit scene was the best scene of the movie for me!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I have been leery after 'The Last Stand' and the Wolverine movie being so shitty.
Again, this wipes all the mistakes away for future movies.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
I have to agree, I wasn't a fan of the wolverine movie.

I did how ever like the other movies, would give them a 7 out of 10.

First class has got to be my favorite, I give that a 9 out of 10.

This last one was ok! I expected Apacolypse to have been in a few scenes due to the fact that there were sentinals.

I followed the cartoon when I was a kid, but I have no knowledge with the comic books.
I just hope they can follow with the story mode of the comics.

Last edited by Dboyizmlg; 05-28-2014 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSJ8ms0to0U

A quick info on the comic series and characters
Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
this was the best movie i've seen all year.

second best being captain america 2.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
I still liked Cap 2 better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
I have to agree, I wasn't a fan of the wolverine movie.

I did how ever like the other movies, would give them a 7 out of 10.

First class has got to be my favorite, I give that a 9 out of 10.

This last one was ok! I expected Apocalypse to have been in a few scenes due to the fact that there were sentinels.

I followed the cartoon when I was a kid, but I have no knowledge with the comic books.
I just hope they can follow with the story mode of the comics.
The next movie has already been confirmed to be with Apocalypse and is actually called Age of Apocalypse. Think about this one as like Avengers 1 where it didn't have a huge villain but is leading up to Ultron in Avengers 2 and ultimately leading up to Thanos.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #14
simmode1
Post Whore!

I started collecting comics with the original Age of Apocalypse comics because of Joe Maderuia's manga styled art. I loved that arc. With the continuity getting fixed, now I can finally hope to maybe see an Onslaught movie!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Again, this wipes all the mistakes away for future movies.
Well that's good to hear. I didn't even have to say anything to my friend after seeing the Wolverine movie. I could see the pain on his face.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wait!!! so you guys DON'T like the last wolverine movie??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
wait!!! so you guys DON'T like either of the wolverine movies??
Corrected for accuracy. Hugh Jackman is perfect, as always. But the scripts were trash.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #18
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wolvernie always was looking big and shredded in this movie. lean as heck with all them veins popping out.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I liked the last one in Japan. The first one is terrible. Actually the second half of the first one is terrible. It does a lot right starting out and then just turns to the biggest pile of shit.

But the newer one I liked.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I liked the last one in Japan. The first one is terrible. Actually the second half of the first one is terrible. It does a lot right starting out and then just turns to the biggest pile of shit.

But the newer one I liked.
Nah man... That chick that bangs Logan while her little ninja boyfriend just runs around protecting her at every corner? That shit was stupid. But it's biggest flaw was ever even acknowledging The Last Stand at all.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #21
Jaescrub
Leaky Injector

Jaescrub is an unknown quantity at this point
I have not seen this move yet. The wife and I talked about going Friday morning if our bike ride is cut due to rain. I hope it rains. The last wolverine movie was not that bad. some of it was stupid but stuck to a lot of what happened in that comic arc. Now the first one was 90% garbage, at least they got 50% of it right they gave some of the "side" characters some real love ie sabertooth "unlike the first Ximena movie" but Facked up on others like dead pool. The arc that's this and the next movie are based off of where great. When I as a kid reading comics with my friends we liked both. I wish last stand would have been the Mr. Sinister clone arc.
Jaescrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #22
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ werd,. I like everything other than where they fucked deadpool up in the 1st. 2nd one was a giant meeeehhh.

on topic...excited to hear all of this. Hopefully seeing it this weekend.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #23
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i actually liked the 2nd one(iam the 1%)
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #24
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
This movie was so much win. I was hoping Bishop had a bigger role, infact I thought Bishop would be the one time traveling.

The movie left some things for the audience to think about. At the end, Wolverine was retrieved by Mistique in the form of William Stryker. Does this mean Stryker died and Mistique has been Stryker for the remainer of the time line?

Also since Xavier, Beast, and Magneto were helping Wolverine in the new time line, they (including Wolverine) would all be aware of the alternate time line as the time goes on, but Wolverine just wakes up in the present missing out on everything that happens in the past two decades. What is up with that. In a way, it does explain why Wolverine's past is always so hazy.

Either way I'm pretty happy of the outcome of the movie and it now has a clean slate for the story writers to continue the X-Men saga.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote