Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
AdrenalineS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AdrenalineS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fuel pump/sender question?

hey guys i got a 95 s14 and the gas guage is alittle funky so i decided to go in the back and possibly check if the sender unit might be off the bracket inside the tank.... well when i took off the cover to get to the pump assembly i noticed that(facing the trunk) the left side hose has a small tear on it, im not sure but heard those are fuel vaccum lines??? idk I want to replace that hose... but wondering what affect that hose is doing and what damage that tear/leak might be doing, i ask this cause my gas milage has been kinda crappy lately too THANKS for your inputs people of zilvia
AdrenalineS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
AdrenalineS14
Zilvia Member

come on guys lol... bump!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If the s14 is anything like the s13 regarding fuel, I'm pretty sure that any leak in the hose can mess up your fuel delivery and readings. That tear is a pretty good indicator of what might be causing you problems. I would replace that hose first and see if your car runs any better before jumping to any other type of conclusion.

IIRC, the hoses that connect to the fuel pump may be just a regular fuel line (fuel injected) 5/16" hose
Old 04-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
AdrenalineS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron5000 View Post
If the s14 is anything like the s13 regarding fuel, I'm pretty sure that any leak in the hose can mess up your fuel delivery and readings. That tear is a pretty good indicator of what might be causing you problems. I would replace that hose first and see if your car runs any better before jumping to any other type of conclusion.

IIRC, the hoses that connect to the fuel pump may be just a regular fuel line (fuel injected) 5/16" hose
I see! thanks man well i did manage to put some work into the car today... I started off by starting the car and letting it idle for a few mins and felt the hose leaking some air played around with that damaged hose and yep fuel was coming out of it that prob explains my shatty gas mileage, I really wanted to replace that entire hose but found that it would be a REAL pain to replace, lucky me that hose had some slack i just cut the damaged area off reconnected it. Also managed to find that my fuel gauge float was in fact off its bracket, popped that back on so everything is cherry! Just gotta get a fresh tank of gas and see how things work... i hope the float doesn't pop off again nissan could of def made a better bracket/attachment for that mini lookin submarine ship of a float lol
Old 04-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
very nice, hopefully everything works out!

doesn't it feel good to get your hands dirty with your car every once in a while and win? haha