Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
19-300zx-90

Trader Rating: (0)
19-300zx-90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
350z ?'s

Hey on a stock 350z waT are realistic power goals?? I dont own one but i really want one... Now eventually i would rebuild and supercharge er turbo charge..(which would be better) thankyou
19-300zx-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
google.com is your friend
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Over 9000 bro
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000

real talk
blood out
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Realistic power goals based on what? Theres so many ways to answer that question, its not even funny.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Josh400
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Josh400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try My350z.com. There's a lot info on what your looking for
Josh400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever you do, make sure your Tuning is 1000000% spot on + LOW!! boost. those are pretty high compression engines and like to Throw metal everywhere with too much boost.

I know this personally, dude had a 350z, 8psi on twin setup, threw 2 rods out da block.

I would not push it past 400whp without some internals.

I would not supercharge it. at all. Hot ass air + high compression ratio + Forced induction = boom boom
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the simpliest way to answer this is don't. HP and VQ don't mix. There's a handful of people with 900hp VQ's that never blow up and someone will use those handful of people to supersede the THOUSANDS of regular people that top out at 400hp before blowing the motor and either swapping it or doing something else. The dollars/hp ratio is very askew in the VQ. It's a great motor but it isn't a monster. It's just really freaking solid. It can take a lot of abuse in regular form. I don't know if you remember this, but when the VQ35 was first introduced, 99% of the mods people did to it actually hurt it and it was like that for about 3-4 years. It's just really well put together.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
but just remember that boost + 10.4 :1 compression ratio dont mix well
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
If want to boost a VQ you want a VQHR engine it was pretty much designed for boost. DE's not so much. DE's respond to bolt on's pretty well though contrary to what the post above me is claiming.

The HR was the engine that was built so right that bolts were not helping it. Till people figured out how to make the right bolt ons. The HR was well engineered intake flow wise right out of the factory.

Definitely a ECU flash helps a lot for power on these engines as well.
If you really want to boost the VQ then put some lower compression piston's in.

Though I know of guys who have broke 300whp with bolts and ecu work on VQ35DE's and the HR guys have done it no problem.
You have to know what to do and that is by research research research.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My Z made 317hp with full bolts ons and a ecu flash on a dyno jet. And honestly that was plenty of power for a daily toy.

I did my research. SC on stock block would yield you 350-400 and is probably the safest on a DE motor.

I would only do the GTM kit for a single turbo setup and that's if I had a forged block. Tune is everything on a VQ motor. You can do a single turbo setup and with the right tune have a reliable 400rwhp. There's a ton of guys on my350 who have 50K plus on a stock FI motor.

If you went TT. You better have a nice bank account to compensate because your stock block motor will be a ticking time bomb. TT was designed for 500+ IMO.

But ride in a stock Z, then ride in a bolt on tuned Z and it's a amazing difference.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
thicker headgasket and good tune.
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I disagree. I don't feel much of a difference between a stock Z and a bolt-on Z (DE). My 1st Z was a DE and it had some bolt-ons when I bought it. I took them off and it didn't seem much different. Quieter if anything. I had a performance shop in atlanta near where I was living then slap on a JWT Extreme kit and I was yielding mid 300's power (like 347 IIRC). Honestly, it was more than I ever really needed. My current G is also a DE. I love the motor but I just haven't seen much from bolt-ons out of these. It seems to make any real noticeable power, you're into quite a few grand.

Everything I've read says plenum spacer, ecu flash, header, ehxaust...I'm not an expert so I could be wrong but it doesn't SEEM like that really does much. But, it can cost a lot...well...more than what I think it should for what you get

Again, it's a great motor. I've drifted the ish outta them in stock form (cuz my current car sees sideways duty), with no issue. I just don't look to the VQ as a powerhouse.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The bottom ends in the VQ's (DE, rev-up, or HR) can only handle about 400hp. Anything above that and you're throwing rods through the block. Pretty much any turbo kit you put on it is going to be capable of more HP than that and you're going to blow it up. A supercharger is a much better option for a stock internal engine.

Seriously though, do some research. This thread is lame as fuck...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote