Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good/Bad about meagan gauges?

Whats the lowdown on meagan gauges, they look alright and have smoked lenses. But are they worth getting? I mean they are like 80 bucks a pop and thats a good price for some light up electronic gauges.

Anyone have them or use them yet??
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
never had any experience with them, but wanted to help you out...
if you want something reliable i have had good experience with reading and quality with STRI gauges...

they are just a bit more expensive than megan... but from what ive read people say megan aren't really accurate... you could also try PROSPORT gauges for the price they are also very very decent, even if SOME people say they are a bit of on accuracy...

if you aren't only interested in the electric gauges you could also get AUTOMETER, cheap and proven and some of them are really nice...

not trying to make you run away from the megans... just telling you a few other similar products close to that range that might get you interested
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
They're not accurate, and you can't see them during the day.

BAD.

Pass.

Prosport gauges are similarly cheap, and available here from a site sponsor.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
If you're looking for the flashier type of gauges (greddy, defi, hks, etc) then stri is your best bet for decent quality and affordable.

If you want more of a factory look, Omori. They make OEM gauges for a few car companies, and are reliable, easy to read, and accurate.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Stri was my # 1 choice, but its a hit and win with meagan sometime but sounds like a miss, thanks guys!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Autometer is similarly priced and infinitely higher quality

stop supporting garbage
Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
vdo rocks

ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I have megan gauges and can see them just fine during the day???? I dont know why so many people bash them? Seem to be very accurate and dead on with me.
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have a difficult time viewing mine in the day light, i think thats mostly because of the angle they're mounted at.

I do have a feeling that my boost gauge is not accurate tho................
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewS13Guy View Post
I have megan gauges and can see them just fine during the day???? I dont know why so many people bash them? Seem to be very accurate and dead on with me.
how do you know they are accurate? not trying to be a ass... just want to know how you check them for accuracy... at least i checked my old autometers by using other gauges and checking if they read the same... the boost one i tried out by comparing the reading on my greddy profecb and the autometer carbon fiber mec. boost gauges both read the same in boost... try them out like that with other gauges and you know how much off or if they are accurate...

might be good for someone to try them out since everybody just bad talks them never compares them...

if you decide on prosport everyone says they are great but the boost isn't accurate for some... i haven't gotten a chance to try my stri boost gauge hope to have a opinion on it soon...
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
vdo rocks

i always see them in VW and stuff like that... are they as good as some say? or are you just saying it out of sarcasm? was thinking of getting them ended with stri even if i don't like that smoked lense crap...
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Autometer...you can't go wrong seriously its what I think almost all the nascar's use.
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
sbc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
sbc is making a name for him/her selfsbc is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like my VDO's. I got them as a temporary thing but will probably end up keeping them.

The only bad thing is they dont really have fuel pressure gauges.
sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman1278 View Post
Autometer...you can't go wrong seriously its what I think almost all the nascar's use.
what i have used in the past.

i might also try the STRi. look like decent quality
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
I have autometers they work excellent for boost and oil pressure. My widebands aem though.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
how do you know they are accurate? not trying to be a ass... just want to know how you check them for accuracy... at least i checked my old autometers by using other gauges and checking if they read the same... the boost one i tried out by comparing the reading on my greddy profecb and the autometer carbon fiber mec. boost gauges both read the same in boost... try them out like that with other gauges and you know how much off or if they are accurate...

might be good for someone to try them out since everybody just bad talks them never compares them...

if you decide on prosport everyone says they are great but the boost isn't accurate for some... i haven't gotten a chance to try my stri boost gauge hope to have a opinion on it soon...
Compared it to my auto meter gauge. Same reading.
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My buddy was telling me about a article on gauge accuracy (I know, magazine article) but it stated that Autometer are some of the most accurate gauges money can buy. Blitz, oddly enough, weren't that accurate. There was another company that was just as accurate as Autometer, but can't remember the name.
As exaple, I had Megan coilovers when they just came out, and now I have Tein. Comparing those, I can feel and see the quality difference of the two. I know we're talking about gauges, but what I learned is pay a little more on something that is tried and true and you won't be doing it twice.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
My AutoMeter boost gauge is a piece of shit. The oil pressure gauge seems to work well, though.
nismo tuned s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo tuned s14 View Post
My AutoMeter boost gauge is a piece of shit. The oil pressure gauge seems to work well, though.
More on this please? What exactly went wrong?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
tr0n9h
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
tr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tr0n9h
i have stri gauge for sale if your interested

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/23169...emp-gauge.html
tr0n9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #21
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i had autometer, hated em. switched them out..

elaborated: I think they're cheap pieces of crap. My boost gauge was never accurate and I never trusted it, and I never liked the setup for my oil pressure gauge. They make great pillar bezels, but I'll never buy another autometer gauge. I don't look to nascar for my inspiration.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

I ask again, if people are unhappy or 'hate' the gauge they use, please let us know more about why. Saying 'I hate so-and-so' doesn't help anything. I'd take that as an opinion and sometimes that is worth less than a penny. This can be a good thread if there is reason to support.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
More on this please? What exactly went wrong?
It worked well for the first year or so, then it started saying a was hitting over 15 psi (it would have said 20 or more if it when that high) when I was actually hitting around 12 psi. I have the GReddy Profec E-01 that measures boost as well, and I'm sure that it's accurate.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
seems gauges are hit and miss, my friend had them in his nitrous'd honda and hated (nitrous gauge never worked properly) (light flickered) (shift light stuck on lol)them. got some Blitz BLM's for his supra never had a problem.

a friend has Glowsports and said those are suprisingly good for the price.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Sounds like everyone just have their preferences on gauges.
Its mostly 50/50 it seems like with every brand.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #26
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

You can't go wrong with Defi...

Last edited by nismo tuned s14; 01-05-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #27
rbpowerds14
Banned from the Marketplace

rbpowerds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
i had autometer like 8 guages, i sold them all and now im going with stri guages

autometer was nice but my boost guage started reading off by 2-3 psi and i hate how the electronic guages work.
i hope stri are better
rbpowerds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #28
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You can go wrong with Defi...
that's one of the 1st BADish thing's i've heard about Defi.

care to elaborate?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #29
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
that's one of the 1st BADish thing's i've heard about Defi.

care to elaborate?
Sorry I meant CAN'T

Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #30
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sorry I meant CAN'T

lol, Alright.....that's what i thought.