Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Rambo slice is on the path to ruinRambo slice is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Identify these lines

I'm not sure what these lines are, they run from under the intake off of a hard line and curve behind the motor and ends. Will I need to plug these? will be getting it running very soon thats why I'm asking, thanks!

Rambo slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Looks like a A/C line to me or something to do with coolant.

Why are you capping them anyways?? Just download the FSM and find the correct line there!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

wont have a/c so I'm trying to find out if its something like you said, will there be coolant dumping out? tryin to find out
Old 07-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
quickdiversion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ok there are all kinds of lines back there. What type are you talking about though? Water lines, ground Strap line. Even harness lines.

Of you are talking about the water lines. Though are the lines for you heater core. It is on the opposite side on a Jdm Car. You need to shorten them and hook them up to the white fittings coming through the fire wall under your intake. This should have been down before installing the motor as they are all short and have metal pieces. You are gonna have a hard time now.

Yes if you start your car with these hooked up you will post coolant everywhere and fast. One line cone out right from behind the thermostat housing, the other is out of the side of the head by the water temp sensor.

Last edited by quickdiversion; 07-09-2014 at 05:07 PM..
quickdiversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

ok your sentences are kind of hard to read but ive been searching and what i found is they're water lines and one line has to go to the turbo and THE BEST SOLUTION is to swap for s14 waterneck and s14 turbo lines. The coolant line in my pic, i found halfway down in this link: http://www.sr20forum.com/240sx-s13-s...my-car-25.html that he cut the bent pipe shorter and ran the hose the other direction to the firewall
Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

The water lines for the turbo are hard lines. I will re write from a pc
Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

The water lines for the turbo are hard lines. I will re write from a pc
Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
.............Again, go look in the FSM! You could have found exactly what lines it is already instead of waiting for the "correct (or incorrect)" answer here............
Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #9
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
It looks like it's your brake booster vacuum line. However, the picture is pretty dark. What chassis is this going in? I'm assuming S13 LHD car.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

^^ The first pic has a slight shot of the brake booster line hooked up to the booster. Also, the brake boost line runs atop the valve cover if my memory serves me correctly.

I have A/C installed on my chassis and that location (and line size) is exactly what I have for my setup (maybe not with the metal/rubber contraption, but similar setup).

Looks like its a capped off A/C line. I could be wrong however.........
Old 07-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #11
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

its not the brake boost line, its the line with the yellow tape i was asking about. also it is lhd s13, and the fsm is sorta hard in japanese lol i looked but it obviously wont tell me where you would hook up the line to the firewall.

but im pretty sure i have it figured out, that link i found & posted helped alot
Old 07-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

I told you it is a waterline that goes to the heater core. There is s second one somewhere.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #13
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

ok so there is 2 that would connect to the firewall?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

I am going to try and make this as easy to understand as possible without sounding like I am talking down to you cause you are obviously confused.

USDM - United States Domestic Market
JDM - Japanese Domestic Market

Usdm 240sx you drive in the left side of the car and the passenger sit on the right. behind the dash of the passenger is all the heater and ac equipment, including your heater core. This is a small fat radiator that coolant passes through and stays hot. When you turn on the heat air blows through the small fat radiator and out into your car and poof, you have heat.

Jdm, everything is the same, but on the opposite side of the car.

The rubber lines that are short and connected to metal tubing pieces are the water lines that come off of your motor to go to the heater core, and then back to the motor. Because you have a JDM motor, Those lines are longer and go to where they should on a JDM car. You need to make them fit on a USDM car. The fittings that the hoses should attach to are whiteish yellow depending on age, and they are made of plastic.

The best and safest way to do this is to pull the engine back out, some of those lines are bolted to the back of the head.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #15
Flako
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Flako is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
These are heater core hoses... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405084902.236212.jpg

As you can see in the picture you have to get a kit from enjuku, or touge factory to have them go the opposite way n plug into ur firewall... Your turbo coolant line also drops from that U shaped hose you see in my picture. It is the skinnier rubber hose below it.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #16
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

While had the intake off. I took that metal piece off had it cut way back and reflared. And ran 2 new house straight to it.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #17
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Coolant lines/heater hoses, that is the top one and the other coolant line is under the intake manifold. You have yours going the opposite direction.

Here you go, found this online:

VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote