Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-06-2001, 01:22 PM   #1
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In the next week or so, I'm gonna order some lowering springs.  I know I want to go with Eibach, but I'm not sure if I want to go 1.7" or 2.2".  The Sportlines are cheaper and lower pretty close to my AGX's recommended limit...plus I've seen AGX/Sportline packages, so it should be ok.  But my question is will the handling be worse than with the Prokit.  I realize for performance purposes, there is such thing as TOO low...so is 2.2" too low?
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2001, 04:03 PM   #2
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
Oh, and how bad will the camber be with each?
Old 08-07-2001, 02:57 AM   #3
wav399
Zilvia Member

wav399 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are they not the same price ?  Check Nismoparts.com
wav399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
drifterx
Premium Member

drifterx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to drifterx Send a message via AIM to drifterx
i heard the prokit is better for the 240sx... the sportline will just give u a great look but u will be like 2 inches off the ground so u will bottom out alot... also AGX will not warrenty your shocks for more than 2.0 inch drop...
drifterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 07:23 AM   #5
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

wav399, yes, from what I've seen the Sportlines average about $30 less.

drifterx, the more I think about it the less practical the Sportlines would be...to many bumpy roads and potholes around here.
So I guess my question now is will the pdm-racing bushing set (rear) and the Ingalls Engineering camber correction bolts (front) take care of the camber caused by a 1.7" drop?  Anybody with this setup?
Old 08-07-2001, 08:02 AM   #6
drifterx
Premium Member

ok i got the eibach camber bolt... abt the same price as the ingall.... it works fine.... i know it fixes the camber however my camber and my alignment is kinda mess up at this min cuz i didnt put it on the machine yet.... i put on the Sprint Springs with AGX shocks.... sprint was ony $130 shipped.... why dont u look into Sprint, Intrax, and eibach?
i dont know about the rear bushing but i know the stock rear can be ajusted for camber... i forgot how much.... so maybe someone can fill in here...
u will love the AGX shocks.... i had it on 2nd to stiff and my lunch was coming up so i pulled over and adjusted it to stock feel... now i have it on the stiffest and it doesnt jiggle me like the 3rd (front) and 7(rear)... it actually feels better than a little softer... but i guess u have to run a trail and error....
tip, try to find a spring that drops the front a little lower than the rear..... although the front view looks low, the side doesnt... but if u have a kit then watch out...
my springs are 1.75 on both and it still looks high but i can almost go under 18 wheelers (give it 1 more month to settle down) also people dont notice it dropped at 1.75
i know someone who has the sportline and that is the look i want. but it still dont look slammed but the wheels tuck a little bit... but his swaybar is 2 inches off the ground...
Old 08-07-2001, 09:20 AM   #7
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

I guess I'm getting Eibach over the others mainly for the name. That and I've seen KYB/Eibach kits and heard nothing but good things about them, so I know they work good together and are good quality products.
I don't have the AGX's installed yet...gonna do them, springs, dust boots, and T/C rod bushings all at the same time. I can't wait to get everything, install it and try it out.
The ProKits lower 1.8" front and 1.6" rear. But, yeah...I got to thinking, and I'm gonna need more than 2" of ground clearance for the roads around here. Do you have a pic of your car so I can see how much wheel gap I'll be getting rid of?

And can someone fill me in on the pdm rear camber bushings. I'd hate to spend $60 on something I don't really need.

thanks

(Edited by LanceS13 at 10:21 am on Aug. 7, 2001)
Old 08-07-2001, 09:38 AM   #8
drifterx
Premium Member

hahha those stupid dust boots r over $100 for all 4
let me try to go to the school and borrow a digital camera
Old 08-07-2001, 10:17 AM   #9
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

where are you getting that price?  I just ordered mine from tirerack.com for less than $50!

yeah, and thanx for trying to get a pic for me:)
Old 08-07-2001, 12:16 PM   #10
drifterx
Premium Member

the dealer man.... they porked me
25 for rears and 35 for fronts
this is each
Old 08-10-2001, 02:09 AM   #11
silvia240
Zilvia Junkie

silvia240 is an unknown quantity at this point
the rears (for a s14) can be ajusted upto 1 degree of camber.  Anything beyond that you would need to get a camber correction kit.  I droped mine with sprint springs 3 years ago and it still rides the same, stiff yet soft.  i lowered mine (i think) 2.25 but my camber was way off, -2.8 in the back and -1.8 in the front.  I had to get my car rigged (control arms in the rear shaved and tack welded, and the front had to be (tower) drilled). If anybody has used the PDM racing camber correction bushings i would like to know if it really works. thanks
silvia240 is offline   Reply With Quote