Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-29-2020, 06:09 AM   #1
scoobydo

Trader Rating: (0)
scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ka24det spark table AEM v2

Guys, anyone got a spark table the could share please. I have been fixing a ka24det that was not set up properly. I dialled the cams in BC stage 2 using JWT sprockets they were 10 and 8 degree out. As I have an altima head this meant that the ign timing went out of sync (advanced 13 degree). The car actually was run at WOT like this (by someone else). Took the logs off and no knock detected! Now considering the CR of the engine is 7.3:1 I have always considered the spark timing to be retarded. Anyway here is my spark table that was already on the car when I purchased it but I really suspect that this was before the compression was lowered and not a lot was done in respect to getting the timing more advanced. The reason for such low CR is that the engine only lasted 1 day and then the previous owner rebuilt it with low CR pistons. I dont think it was tuned properly after if at all. Now considering I was running 13deg advanced across the whole map I am thinking major improvements are to be had (especially considering the CR of the engine)

Currently running 22psi on 99ron Uk fuel

Current spark table
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w6...X8uA7ZV4jERiPd

dyno before CR reduction

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iT...hccQlc4s9FJH7t
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links