Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
what12311

Trader Rating: (0)
what12311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tablets, which one is the best?

I am saving up for a tablet, my budget max will be $300-$400, looking for the best all around tablet for the money.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
iPads only because of the interface. So easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Go look up some reviews & comparisons on cnet...
Old 10-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Trendy and great for the casual user - iPad
Best for serious use - Surface 3
Best value - Samsung
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nexus 7 for a cheap well rounded tablet, and nexus 9 if you want the best tablet out there atm.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Surface Pro 3 for me in a heartbeat, but it is pricey

Honestly, there is no "best".

Get something that feels good in your hands, feels fast to you and display looks good to you.

A handheld device needs to feel right to you and its all personal preference
Old 10-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Surface Pro 3 here also.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

A handheld device needs to feel right to you and its all personal preference
Agree...

Test them first hand.

-Samsung and no complaints
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Id consider the Nvidia shield tablet
Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The Surface Pro 3 is rad. Only thing not rad about it is the price.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:18 AM   #11
fgiujiereno

fgiujiereno is an unknown quantity at this point
Get something that feels good in your hands, feels fast to you and display looks good to you.
fgiujiereno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
what12311

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Id consider the Nvidia shield tablet
I am pondering it, only problem is it HD?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
What do you need it for? When my last laptop died a premature death due to water spilled.lol I went out and picked up an Ipad. For a lot of the stuff I was doing the Ipad was good. It was a casual use device. I could also do most of my business except process shipping labels on it. The only reason I could not do that had more to do with the U.S. Postal service having absolutely horrible code on their website which causes it not function properly with Mobile devices. Plus their mobile app is not fully functional either.

Now for ease of use and lots of Apps. The Ipad wins,in fact if you are into music?As in writing and making it, the Ipad rules. There are so many great soft synths, drum machines, samplers, composing software choices its crazy. One could just skip buying a hardware synth buy an Ipad pick up a bunch of the soft synth apps and have an amazingly powerful synthesis tool. It would probably cost you less than buying the hardware to cover the different types of synthesis available in all these apps.

Of course if you are just looking for a cheap tablet than an Android may suffice.

As far as the Surface 3 goes its a true jack of all trades but master of none. It can do all the things a PC, Tablet(IPad or Andorid ) can do but really does not excel at them and is large( defies the whole reason for buying a tablet) .

Fact is people looking to replace a laptop could do decently with a Surface Pro 3 but it might not be quite as powerful as a laptop.

People looking strictly for a tablet and not trying to replace a PC should just skip it.
Again from my own experience I do want a tablet that is large and heavy which the Surface 3 is both.
I would take a laptop over it any day of the week becuase it would be simular in size and I would gain even more functionality than the Surface 3 has.

Take it for what it is worth , this is just my opinion.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #14
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I went through this about a year ago.
Did the research, compared features and most importantly price.
I ended up getting the outgoing generation of the Samsung Note 10.1.
It was in the price point you're looking at and I liked the idea of the stylus to use with Sketchpad Pro.
Realistically I use it to read comics, youtube and netflix before going to bed or for social media while on the couch.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #15
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
my laptop died a month ago, i had purchased an ASUS transformer with a keyboard about 8 months ago that i only used at night to watch youtube videos, I have been able to do pretty much everything on it since i have been forced to use it, im very happy,... i got a full time job and go to school full time, i dont even take any books or notebooks to class anymore.... just my tablet,, i also have a Galaxy tablet 2 but not having a keyboard makes me only use it as a remote control for my tv LOL. GL
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:21 AM   #16
what12311

Thanks for all the Replies guys
Old 10-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you're keen on it, I would suggest buying used on craigslist. Just make sure you thoroughly try all the features on it.

What kind of smart phone do you use?

I recently picked up an iPad Air2 mostly for playing games and watching videos.

Now that I think about it, I should've bought an xbox one

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #18
what12311

I was looking on Craig's list, problem is I don't know much of anything about tablets, my current phone is a BlackBerry Curve, I'm saving up for an SIII
Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #19
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you guys think about the tab s 10.5 for gaming, light tech stuff (editing and such). And probably a media device?