Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Maxmod

Trader Rating: (0)
Maxmod is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with Driveshafts

Hey guys,

This is my first post so bear with me.

I am building a race silvia in Australia which based on engine specs should make close to 700bhp. It's a 6L Ls motor that's dry sumped and fully built should have a 7500rpm redline. Has Jenvey Individual throttle body setup etc.

For the gearbox I have a H pattern holinger and the diff is a Speedway Quick change.

Now I have come to the point where I need to sort out half shafts so after talking a reputable guy down here he has given me some food for thought.

My original plan was to run Skyline spindles and a skyline cv at the wheel side with a Porsche 930 cv diff side. He was happy with the diff side and even the skyline cv but he has suggested the skyline splindle won't do what I want it to do.

Apparently 700bhp with 12" wide slicks from a standing start it's likely the spindle will break inside the upright.

His solution was to have custom Chromoly Spindles made to suit my application.

Has anyone made Chromoly spindles for these uprights before?

Is there an off the shelf so to speak item available or like all good things it must be custom?

Next question is the skyline cv's are better but are the spline's the same from silvia to skyline?

Basically I don't have the skyline parts I have s15 silvia uprights and spindles so if I need to get skyline cv's and custom spindles do I need anything skyline?

Cheers Guys
Maxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links