Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
s13240sxman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13240sxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
At first I didn't know how much I was going to like the Dual N1 but now that I have it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Great upper level power and no real lose at all in mid range. The sound is great and I don't think I could find a better sound if I tryed. My question is what should I do next? I have H.I.E. set up (Header Intake Exhaust) now what should I do... My main thought is springs (Eibach Pro's) and Hot Wires by Nology. But thats not to hard to get either... What should I do next? Should I go for the Unorthodox pulleys or not? I just need some tips.... So hand them out...

92 S13 5spd. FB
s13240sxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2002, 06:25 PM   #2
zephyr
Zilvia Junkie

zephyr is an unknown quantity at this point
shocks/struts
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
s13240sxman
Zilvia Member

s13240sxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you give me some good names that wont cost me over a grand for shocks?
s13240sxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
I also think suspension is a good next step. I've never used any of these but some common setups I hear of are...
tokio blues(nonadjustable) or koni yellows(adjustable) shocks/struts with eibach prokits, eibach sportlines, h&r, or tanabie springs. I don't think you would want to use tanabie with the tokio's though because they are a 2" drop and tokio are basically upgraded stock shocks. There are a lot of links in the links section here at zilvia where you can buy any of those.
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:10 PM   #5
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
KYB AGX shocks/struts are another adjustable option. I've got them now, and my handling has improved quite a bit.
transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:38 PM   #6
S14KAT
Leaky Injector

S14KAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't bother with the Nology wires, stick with NGK, Accel, or Magnecors.  Nology wires won't give you the performance you may be looking for.  Like any new set of wires, they'll most likely give you better gas mileage.  But the cost of them is outrageous.  These wires would be best suited to a turbo or supercharger application, which in your case your not.  Save yourself some cash and stick with either the aftermarket brands I said, or go with OEM for the time being.
S14KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:38 PM   #7
S14KAT
Leaky Injector

S14KAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't bother with the Nology wires, stick with NGK, Accel, or Magnecors.  Nology wires won't give you the performance you may be looking for.  Like any new set of wires, they'll most likely give you better gas mileage.  But the cost of them is outrageous.  These wires would be best suited to a turbo or supercharger application, which in your case your not.  Save yourself some cash and stick with either the aftermarket brands I said, or go with OEM for the time being.
S14KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:59 PM   #8
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
KYB AGX shocks/struts are another adjustable option. I've got them now, and my handling has improved quite a bit.
transient is offline   Reply With Quote