Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Need help choosing a DSLR

Im planning on buying a DSLR in the next few days and im wondering what do you guys recommend on one in the 400 dollar range.

I have been reading about the Nikon D40 i was originally set on this one but then i read that it only has 3 af (auto focus) zones, not compatible with alot of lenses, and that its basically a glorified point and shoot. If you think other wise let me know.

What i really want is a Cannon 20d but i cant find a good one that has less then 20,000 actuation count, i read some where that i guess they are only rated til 50,000? And with my range only being 400 i cant seem to find one with the lens at that price.

I was also looking into the Rebel XTi i read alot of reviews and it has great reviews but everyone seems to complain that they feel cheap due to the plastic body, and it being a smaller camera. Everyone seems to love the feel of the 20d metal body and size. I can find these all day on craigslist but it seems like the 20d isnt as readily available.

Anyways, whoever else knows about cameras please chime in, let me know what you recommend.

Oh and this is gonna be my first DSLR, its gonna be used for taking pictures at events and hard parking pix, lol

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
canon 20d hands down
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
highwaystar22
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
highwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to highwaystar22
I've owned the 20d, upgraded to 40d, and plan on possibly upgrading again to maybe a 5d.

Hands down man, buy a Canon. Save a little extra and get one. I've shot with a Rebel XTi and a D40, and there's nothing I'd rather own than my Canon.

The only thing I don't like about the 20d is the LCD screen, and that's only because the 40d's screen is larger, and a lot nicer. I'm spolied now.

Cliffs Notes:

Save a bit more and buy a Canon or Baby Jesus will cry.
highwaystar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Honestly this topic has been covered in GREAT detail over a few threads in OT. Do a search and just read.

it's redundant for everyone to keep going over this.

Seriously. Just read these threads:
http://zilvia.net/f/search.php?searchid=4756221
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaystar22 View Post

Save a bit more and buy a Canon or Baby Jesus will cry.

dont you dare make baby jesus cry...buy canon

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Hit me up if you ever go down to the South bay. I try shoot every weekend so if you want some advice or just want to collab on a project together let me know.

In fact I'm trying to throw together a last minute 4th of July highfashion photoshoot as we speak...
Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
What i really want is a Cannon 20d but i cant find a good one that has less then 20,000 actuation count, i read some where that i guess they are only rated til 50,000?
Who cares? 1D mk2 is supposed to be good for only 100,000.. I had well over 170,000 actuations on mine..

It's a cheap fix from Canon anyways... Just get a 10D. It's a perfectly fine camera for a beginner and they're dirt cheap.. OR just get a Nikon FE2 and a good scanner.

However buy a camera that suits your needs.. Nikon is amazing for low light shots due to their superior high ISO performance.. No Canon camera can touch a Nikon in the high ISO department.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote