Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
upstate240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
upstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
altenator not charging,

ok i just did an sr20 swap and id drive around a bit and all of the suddent my radio would cut out, and my dash light for the battery would start blinking the higher i revved it could go out, but at idle it would come on, i charged my battery and it holds a charge, i changed alternators to the ka alternator and it does the same thing, i get a voltage that drops from 12 slowly while the engine is running i think my belt might be the problem, the ribs are beat apart (turns out before my alternator bracket wasnt bolted down) how much play should be in the belt.? i dont hear the belt slipping though, but before is slipped like a mofo
upstate240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
voltage should be in the 14 range while idling if your alternator is good. sounds they are both bad. take them both to autozone, they test alts for free.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
a100pureplayaz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
a100pureplayaz is making a name for him/her selfa100pureplayaz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i replaced a alternator and same problem happened if its still occours make sure when you put the key in the on position the batt. light goes on
a100pureplayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
Definetly take it in to autozone to have them test it.. its free.. !

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Test the Battery and Alternator.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
check the alternator fuse... i think its the 75amp one.... i blew two of those with the same symptoms...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
upstate240sx
Zilvia Member

upstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really nice
yea i checked that fuse, i got a new belt, my old one had all the ribs completely sheared off, basically what i was doing was using the ka waterpump pulley which has a different offset then the sr20 wp pulley. so that in conjunction with my bracket being loose caused me to chew up belts, ne how i got the new belt and it runs great now, squeals like crazy though, its tensioned im running somewhat of a rigged tensioner setup. if anyone has a oem sr20 w/p pulley ill take it off your hands.
upstate240sx is offline   Reply With Quote