Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
locknload

Trader Rating: (0)
locknload is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Top Hat Performance in GA

Any comments on their builds and setups on SR's?

Any comments would help!
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
zorak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zorak
I thought they closed down...

But, I had an RB20DET that they swapped into a car that I owned.

Not the greatest work. Honestly, I can't reccommend them. Lots of problems caused by their lack of attention to my swap. All wiring issues, Everything else was alright. (motor placement, turbo set-up, etc.)

But I have seen them pull out good woork. So its kind of iffy.
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
locknload

locknload is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorak View Post
I thought they closed down...

But, I had an RB20DET that they swapped into a car that I owned.

Not the greatest work. Honestly, I can't reccommend them. Lots of problems caused by their lack of attention to my swap. All wiring issues, Everything else was alright. (motor placement, turbo set-up, etc.)

But I have seen them pull out good woork. So its kind of iffy.
They did close down. I'm inquiring about a motor built by them. But I've heard some bad stuff, so I just wanted to see what others had to say...When did you have your swap done?
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
I dont know of any people that have ever had an issue with a motor built by them...I drove from NY down to them twice for each of my motors. I knew one guy that had a motor built by them and when he swapped it back into his car it would not start. So thp sent up two mechanics to figure out the issue and get it running. Shit happens with built motors some times I will be the first to say that. I just went over that post you mentioned so any other questions feel free to ask me.
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'd rather buy an engine built by dirt farmers.

I have a very good friend who went to them for a fully built KA+T and 5spd swap, dropped a ton of money, and has had nothing but problems ever since. I've repaired a shit ton of it, he's invested extra money, and now the engine is torn down at a machine shop awaiting replacement parts yet again. I could write a list of all the janky shit that was done but I'll spare the details and tell you not to buy it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
zorak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zorak
Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
They did close down. I'm inquiring about a motor built by them. But I've heard some bad stuff, so I just wanted to see what others had to say...When did you have your swap done?
That swap was done by Tophat maybe 2.5ish years ago.

I just wouldn't risk putting my hands on anything touched by their shop.

too sketchy for my scarce dollars.
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
I dont know of any people that have ever had an issue with a motor built by them...I drove from NY down to them twice for each of my motors. I knew one guy that had a motor built by them and when he swapped it back into his car it would not start. So thp sent up two mechanics to figure out the issue and get it running. Shit happens with built motors some times I will be the first to say that. I just went over that post you mentioned so any other questions feel free to ask me.
Alex??????

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dreams View Post
Alex??????
yep I'm pretty sure he's talking about alex... 180sxdrifter has a motor from them too... running solid.

As I posted in the thread that got locked, both guys got their motors a while ago when I first heard of top hat.. Maybe there was a quantity vs. quality issue on their later motor builds?

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
S14DRFTX
Leaky Injector

S14DRFTX is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey was up.... YEa they have been awesome with me there motors are really solid ... good people ......... and is true they drove up from all the way to new york to help me with a problem that wasnt even there fault....

by the way I am Alex...

S14drifterx
S14DRFTX is offline   Reply With Quote