Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
Romeyo07
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Romeyo07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Romeyo07 Send a message via MSN to Romeyo07 Send a message via Yahoo to Romeyo07
Gym rats

anyone else work out often? I just got back into it and can't wait to get back to how I used to be. Being married sure doesn't help with keeping your body the way you want it. I'm hoping to make it there at least 4 times a week for about an hour or so.
Romeyo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
You dont really need to go to the gym. Just some free weights and push ups when you cant go.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Romeyo07
Zilvia Member

Romeyo07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Romeyo07 Send a message via MSN to Romeyo07 Send a message via Yahoo to Romeyo07
Nah, I tried the whole working out at home thing, and I get lazy about it, putting it off. I figure this way since I'm paying I should go. Maybe it's just me.
Romeyo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
s14dr1ft3r
Zilvia Member

s14dr1ft3r is making a name for him/her selfs14dr1ft3r is making a name for him/her self
I'm in the military and even though I have access to all sorts of free gym eqiupment, I find I still have to pay for a gym membership to keep myself motivated to go. And you're right...marriage is detrimental to a physique.

s14dr1ft3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
DARKEST_HOUR
Zilvia Member

DARKEST_HOUR can only hope to improve
I try but it gets boring quick.
DARKEST_HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I go 5 days a week, but my gains are slow because i run as well. I love it.

But then again, my gym is maybe about a 5 minute drive from my house so i really dont have an excuse not to go. I will agree though that its very easy to get lazy if you try to do it all at your house.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #7
nistech
Zilvia Addict

nistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to nistech
i saw rats at my gym once
24hr.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 AM   #8
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I work there, so free membership.

Its pretty fun competitively working out with random people, and all that jazz.

And the crazy amounts of MILFs that compliment you helps as well.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:37 AM   #9
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Romeyo07 is lying to you guys. I met him for the first time when he came to my house the other day, and he seemed pretty fit to me. But then again thats comparing him with someone that only lifts the weight of ciggaretts and beer bottles. I sleep all day because I cant do one pushup to get out of bed. Sometimes I will roll over feet first untill I fall off the bed to help me stand up, but most of the time I end up in the same dilema but on the hard floor.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #10
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I lift with a friend four days a week...we just lift at his place but I have found three benefits

1. I have a lot more energy
2. I can drink more when I go out without getting drunk
3. My GF wants to do me more often
Old 11-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
But it's just so boring, I dont see how yall do it.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head
1. I have a lot more energy
2. I can drink more when I go out without getting drunk
3. My GF wants to do me more often
Bingo,and if I'm going regularly I notice I can eat wtf I want,when I want.

Although when I started my new job I started school,so I got was too tired to go,then I hurt my shoulder,so I'm just now getting into the swing of things,my chest is KILLING ME. But whatever,I don't feel as bad when I do "bad " things like smoke,drink,whatever.
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #13
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i dont think you will find many gym rats besides me and and few others here. i eventually evolved into a personal trainer after i being working out for last 3 something years. the whole term "gym rat" is wrong, there are people that are serious about their workouts like me, and people that just go to fuck around; and there are quite a few of the last kind in the gyms, sadly but true. i get questions like how much you bench and i tell em i can hit 405 solid 3 times on bench and they go "oh yea.... back when blah blah i used to hit 400". thats the time to stare at them weirdly and go on about your business.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 AM   #14
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

You can bench 400lbs? Holy crap! I thought my 180lbs was impressive.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #15
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
i dont think you will find many gym rats besides me and and few others here. i eventually evolved into a personal trainer after i being working out for last 3 something years. the whole term "gym rat" is wrong, there are people that are serious about their workouts like me, and people that just go to fuck around; and there are quite a few of the last kind in the gyms, sadly but true. i get questions like how much you bench and i tell em i can hit 405 solid 3 times on bench and they go "oh yea.... back when blah blah i used to hit 400". thats the time to stare at them weirdly and go on about your business.
I thought doing 205 a few times was impressive. 405lbs.. is like 180lbs on each side..
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #16
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

That means we can use both arms arm-wrestling 420sx and still lose.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:58 AM   #17
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
hahaha what about 4 arms? lol
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #18
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Shit I can only squat 200lbs with my chicken legs. So 2 legs verse one arm. Thanks, 420sx for making me lose the little self respect I had.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #19
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol no shit, x2. I can curl 80lbs on each arm x10. Can't bench for shit though. I never take any supplements or anything though, i just eat real good. I do lots of pushups i dont really need the extra weight because i weigh around 220. My workouts suck at home though i just cant keep myself off the internet. Im also going to add running to my daily routine.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #20
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Damn this makes me feel weak. I've been complemented alot on my physiq(when I go regularly,I'm getting back into rutine so I'm not as defined right now.) but,I'm weak. Haha. My whole lower back is titanium though,all the way to my hip...and my neck is fucked up,along with a torn rotator cup that keeps nagging me I thought my 210lbs bench press on creatine was impressive,haha.

EDIT:Too many damn car wrecks,haha. I can't do much with my legs either:dislocated knee. oh well,watch out who you ride with kiddies as I've only been in one tiny wreck,didn't even dent the ol s13 while I was behind the wheel,yet....I'm still wned:
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #21
nistech
Zilvia Addict

nistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to nistech
i cancelled my membership b4 i went to europe now i m getting a new one and i went in and i talked to the lady and i think i m gonna get the 3 year pre paid 1000dollar one and 5 dollar a month after 3 year. does anyone have a better idea or think that deal is bad. sochbat since u work there what do u think?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #22
publicenemy137
Zilvia Junkie

publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to publicenemy137
I have been a scrawny asian most of my life. I just started lifting last summer (my cousin pushed me to go) and I lifted for the first time for 4 months straight while working full-time. My arms got bigger and so did my chest. Before I had no muscle tone, now my triceps will bulge out. Then school came and I thought I would be able to lift even harder and more b/c I thought I would have more free time, but boy I was wrong. I took a 1 1/2 month break b/c of so much school work. Then i felt small and had to lift again, been able to only lift around 2 times a week though, been loaded with so much school work. Once winter comes though I am not going to work and just concentrate on lifting again.

I dunno about you all, but I love the feeling of being really sore. Feels like you really accomplish something, makes you feel good.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY CARDOMAIN!

help me decide my next set of rims
publicenemy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #23
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by publicenemy137

I dunno about you all, but I love the feeling of being really sore. Feels like you really accomplish something, makes you feel good.
Yezzur. I love that feeling. Right now its my legs. Seriously, today at the gym,i had to sit at the front couch for like 20 minutes after my workout cuz my legs were so friggin rubbery and shaky that i couldnt drive.

ah, it feels great.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #24
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
yea after my ankle injury its "painful" coming back in. i took off almost a month for legs for the first time in a year. lets say i will go down and wont get up if someone punches me in the ass hehehe. soo sore right now. hamstrings, quads and glutes are fried.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #25
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Hey, as long as everyone keeps on going, it doesnt matter how much u can bench. We are all keeping out bodies healthy. I can only hit 225 max rite now and im happy.

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #26
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I hate working out at home. I get distracted so easily, lol.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #27
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
yep, working out at home sucks..

i made a schedule and followed it for about a week then got lazy

if i paid for memberships id feel obligated to work out regularly
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #28
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i got really into it for about 4 months earlier this year...lost over 45 lbs. started to work on weight lifting and gaining muscle, then i got redicusoulsy busy and also moved aroudn the same time.

I need to get back into it b/c i have gained at least 15 lbs back... and I am the weakest guy at my company
Old 11-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #29
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I find that I cannot keep motivated by myself which is why i found a buddyto work out with it helps alot when you are feeling lazy to know that you are meeting someone to lift.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #30
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

I get motivated pretty easily because all i need is to just loose the weight to look toned but right now i eat a lot and still look toned just by doing my daily routines. When i cant eat good for long periods of time i try to get atleast a 15 min workout at night.