Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
integramandj
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
integramandj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 sr swap ac wiring

ok ive been to the end of the internet and back and cant find it ive tried using the search tool and ive looked at alot of threads all i need to know is what has to be done on a sr swapped s14 when wiring up the ac compressor a diagarm and a step by step would be great

ps my blower motor and everything works but when i press the ac button the compressor dosent kick on also i bought the car alrerady swapped so i have no idea what was done before any info would be great

one more thing can you please post some pics of the under the hood fuse box mine seems to be missing a whole block of fuses

my car is a 95 base with a s14 sr swap
integramandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
The compressor comes off the chassis wiring that splits off from the part of the harness going over the drivers side wheel. Doing a swap should have no effect on the AC wiring.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
There is a trigger wire in the F3 plug that needs to be tied or moved to another pin IIRC. Its been years but I think it might be black/pink and yellow/black. I have a thread on FA about this, in a 95' doing an S13 sr20det swap, I have a pinout diagram up

edit:

found this, which is something jerry wrote, along with another guy, anyways it might help

Quote:
Jerry:
"on the f3 conector (big white plug under dashboard near passenger foot well , you know the one you have to splice into to make your engine swap work) you need to splice together the following cables pin 16 yellow/ black to pin 43 or 46 (cant remeber now im at work) black/pink. and what do you know voila it works, push the a/c button a/c turns on, pust it again it turns off. 2 friggin wires, it was staring me in the face for like a week before i tried it , it seemed to easy, thats it just sauder those two wires togerther and ti will work like stock.

the only issure is wiring it into the idle air control valve so the rpms wont drop as much but i dont really think that is an issure as i have not had any problems with it yet its not to bad but i already pretty much got that figured out and iwill be doing it at some point later this week i will post it then. hope this helps some of you people sweating in your car, cuz ill tell you here in miami i is hot as biatch"

next guy:
the issue he was having sounded very very similar to mine, i was excited i thought i had found the solution. i printed the f3 pinout on 240 chassis side and sr engine harness side and ran downstairs only to find that pin #16 conveniently isn't on either side of the f3 plugs on my car. i found pin #43 with ease, the black/pink triple pressure switch just like everyone says, that was right on cue. i looked and looked and looked and all the information i found everywhere was cut #16 and #43 and solder them on the chassis side. so i figured i'd be a do-it-yourselfer and look through ye ole trusty FSM. based on my best judgement after scoping the diagram for a good hour i came to the conclusion that pin #46 was the 97-98s new a/c switch pin. it seems like it is perfectly based on the fsm wiring diagram but i could be way wrong i'm not THAT good with reading those diagrams. so i cut them both and loop them together, turn the key to ON and press the ac button, nothing happens. i started the car just in case some of my power distribution was whacky, and pressing ac button did nothing again. went back up to the front of the car with pin #43 and 46 still soldered together and sure enough grounding out the triple pressure switch and relay both still activated the clutch on the compressor.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
integramandj
Leaky Injector

Thanx man ill check it out I have to be honest you restored my faith in the 240 community I'm new to the community ,coming from honda, and almost everyone I've encountered have been such a tool and act like they can't help anyone out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
integramandj
Leaky Injector

i think i may have figured out the problem, there is no pressure in the system, im not 100% but if there is no pressure then the compressor wont engage, is this correct?
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
integramandj
Leaky Injector

also does anybody have any pics of the under the hood fuse box without the cover on?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I have a 97 or I would. Unless you want a pic of my 97 anyways. The FSM should show you everything in your 95. You can get 95 240sx FSM easily.

Right, if you have no A/C gas, there will be no power going to the compressor.

If you want, PM me your email and I will send a wiring diagram I have that might help.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
integramandj
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I have a 97 or I would. Unless you want a pic of my 97 anyways. The FSM should show you everything in your 95. You can get 95 240sx FSM easily.

Right, if you have no A/C gas, there will be no power going to the compressor.

If you want, PM me your email and I will send a wiring diagram I have that might help.
yes please post pic i have access to the fsm and ill take a look at it thanx
Old 08-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
FrescoS14

Trader Rating: (1)
FrescoS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I am in the process of doing this on my 97 and don’t have the pin 16 wire on either side too. Reading this is pin 43 On my 97 like the pin 16 on 96?so I just hook up 46 and 43? And I have to ground the triple pressure switch as well?
FrescoS14 is offline   Reply With Quote