Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
nurvcom
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nurvcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to nurvcom
sr20det Redtop oil pump questions

Story....
so my redtop is just been a pain in my ass alt died then water pump and now my oil pump stopped working.

( went home from work and parked and went to pick up my girl and my oil light started to flicker on and off like crazy so i turn car off restarted oil light went off and then i went to pull out came back on and wont turn off )

i check to see if i getting oil open oil cap no oil spitting out and took oil filter off to see if any oil was in it very very little like nothing

i know my oil pump went bad

Q. Is there anyway to rebuild or am i stuck having to save for new one???

need to do this cheap as i can this is my daily and got very little cash
Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
How mechanically inclined are you?

It's certainly possible to change the oil pump in car, but it's a job in itself...it's something that would undoubtedly go faster by yanking the engine IMO, as shortcutting and doing it in car will just trouble you timewise, and spacewise.

All in all, you just go buy a new pump and install and go.

However, and let this be life advice, the WORST thing you can daily drive if a modified car, unless you can afford to fix it and or replace a lot of things. Fixing things 'on the cheap' or 'gotta be ready by tomorrow' just leads to half assed repairs and or things not getting fixed at all. You may be better looking for ra nice 1000 dollar beater car for the daily.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote