Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
240_chuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240_chuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me make my dream come true...

Ok so here's what I want to do...I bought a 91 S13 shell, installed a 95 KA, and the damn thing wont run right. So im fed up. So now that my insurance money came in and I can now afford it. I wanna go SR instead and sell the KA. preferrably a black top. s13 0r s14 doesnt matter. all I need is a complete swap that I can put into my shell without complications, price range I should expect, and if possible, any good shops that can do it. I can install myself, however I dont have the time.

so If you guys know of any good shops near Fresno, Ca lmk. any help would be greatly appreciated.
240_chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
OkiDori17
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
OkiDori17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
id say do it yourself man..sr into a 240 is pretty much plug and play, especially with a WS harness..if you can get ahold of a engine hoist (i rented one for $60 for the weekend) itll only take you a days worth of work to get it done. when i was doing my swap i wanted to take it to a shop to get it done and they wanted $650 and said itd take them around 2 weeks to finish it..i said screw that took it to my buddy's house and me and him did the entire swap in about 6 hours, since then ive done around 10 or so swaps, if you need any help or have any questions about it PM me and ill gladly help you out =]
Old 07-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
240_chuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240_chuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much did you buy you SR20 for though?? most ive seen are around $2k +, I have no problem installing myself cuz ive already helped my friend drop in his, so its nothing difficult. right now im just looking around for the engine first. and if I can find a good one then ill just do it myself.
240_chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
OkiDori17
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
OkiDori17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i had mine imported from okinawa japan...i had a buddy do it for me...but theres plenty of companies that do it in the states...if you can find a company in canada the will ship them i say do it that way cause they can get the full front clip instead of just the engine....but just make sure before you buy one it has everything it needs ie. engine, tranny, ecu, maf, all that, and id go with a wiring specialties harness, yuri from WS is a really cool guy, theyre like $300-$350 but they make the swap SOOOOOOOOOO easy plus they have a turn key start guarentee =]
Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Blacktop SR's usually go for $2300-$2500 for everything (S13). As for a shop to do it at, I'm not sure about a shop nearby, but if somehow you get it down to socal, G-Dimensions is an absolute great shop.

If you can find a weekend to do it yourself, I would do that because you will be paying like $600+ in labor for someone else to do it. They have instructions on wiring and even DVD's on how to. I would get an S14 SR to avoid any probable confusion
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote