Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
SR20DET oil pickup upgrade?

Anyone heard of using the s14 oil pickup for the s13 motors? It has a larger "mouth" and different mounting points. My only concern is that it looks thinner/easier to bend.

Also, although the larger mouth seems like a good idea at first, it seems like if the entire opening isn't covered in oil, you wond get a good suction/oil pickup. Almost seems like the stock s13 pickup with the smaller mouth would give a better chance of a complete "suction" with the oil.

Kinda like a straw with a huge mouth serving no purpose if the entire straw isn't in submerged in liquid? Like the end of a slurpy straw at the bottom of a slurpy... make sense? Opinions?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
It's been done and is typically a good upgrade considering it has a support brace and a larger mouth. I've seen the S13 pickup "heads" fall completely off.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
boms
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
boms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes.. the head off my pickup fell off about 5 months ago.. didnt realize it. obviously oil pressure was low.. Was in need of a rebuild any ways.
boms is offline   Reply With Quote